When is the last year of the viper officially?

Bandit3

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just wondering when I should order a new ACR? Then I gotta get the money!

01sapphirebob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Depends on who you ask. I am assuming that the car ahs been sold. So...the last year of the "Dodge" viper should be the end of the 2010 model year. Conner ave. was scheduled to close then anyway. Then "xyz" Viper will pick up in the 2011 model year.

AviP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
2010. Then the Viper will carry on as a fuel efficient Fiat model with a 4-******. Don't fret, it will be turbocharged in the ACR version. :lmao:

Yellow32

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Of the dealers I have spoken with this week all Viper orders not currently in physical production have been cancelled.

Given that, all you can do is hope the Viper is resumed under new management and orders are again being taken.

ASPIRATIONS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Of the dealers I have spoken with this week all Viper orders not currently in physical production have been cancelled.

Given that, all you can do is hope the Viper is resumed under new management and orders are again being taken.

Yellow,
Does that mean that if your car is in D1 status or beyond it will be built after the BK proceedings.?

Yellow32

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Aspirations,

I would recommend checking with your dealer to see if your order has been cancelled or not.

I am not certain what "status code" was used for the cut off.

The dealers I spoke with basically said if the car was not already "rolling down the assembly line" its order has been cancelled. Not sure what 'status' that would be.

-J

Martin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've heard something to the effect that, if your car isn't in the middle of being built now, you probably have to wait till the next model year. It's not 100% reliable in my opinion since I hear so many rumors that have sometimes turned out to be innacurate - but it does make sense.

Martin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Aspirations,

I would recommend checking with your dealer to see if your order has been cancelled or not.

I am not certain what "status code" was used for the cut off.

The dealers I spoke with basically said if the car was not already "rolling down the assembly line" its order has been cancelled. Not sure what 'status' that would be.

-J

If your order was cancelled, I'll bet you would have gotten a call from your dealer. They're supposed to let you know about things like that... My dealer called me to tell me that my car is definitely going to be built - it's almost ready to go to Prefix. The only problem is that my dealer is on the black list and I'm temped to cancel my order just because I'm so pissed at Chrysler for screwing with them. They're really good people.

ASPIRATIONS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I will give my dealer a call but I dont think they will be as vigilent about my order since they returned my deposit.I dont think I will want the car anyway...Its QC is going to be crap no matter what anyone says:omg: What a cluster#!!**
On another note Its kind of weird too that we havent heard a thing from Herb lately..Can someone fill us in on what happened to the orders placed.??

FrankBarba

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This has been comming since 2006. Look at the Viper Build History.

2006 Built too many Vipers. Sat on dealers lots - hence no 2007
Vipers.
2008 Employee Encentive Plans to purchase Vipers, Still sitting

2009's how many have been built so far ?

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
First the end was supposed to be somewhere around 1995.

Then it was somewhere around 2000-2002.

Then it was 2006.

Then it was 2008, then 2009.

Now it's 2010...or 2011...or...

Get the picture?