Where to buy headers/vc3/exhaust

The Hammer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Where can I get the best price on this stuff? and what brand, seem like bellinger headers and corsa exhaust might be a good combo. I don't want it to loud so I have been told to leave on the cats. also what about the green filter are they worth it?

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Hammer--Juli here!!!! How've you been???? Been awhile since we've seen you (and sent you your pics!!) We have B&B stepped headers and Corsa Exhaust with flow-thru cats, it's loud, but not overbearing--BEASTLY sounding actually....the green filters we've found make absolutely NO difference than the K&N...we switch back and forth with them, had the car dyno'ed with the Green and without, no noticeable hp difference....we like both. We went with Sean Roe/Roe Racing...but to each their own...you can check JonB/partsrack (he's not there thought right now--back TUESDAY!!!)...or ask Chuck where he'd get his parts from...just my experience here. ~juli~ (also got VECII from Sean)

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Listen to Mike & Juli, you will not be disappointed.

Why, thank you kindly, Keith!!!! :headbang: Now, how is YOUR car coming along???? I've been waiting for your posts that your car is up and running???? Going to Poconos? We cannot, unfortunately....hope all is going well with you and Crystal too~~~juli

OP
OP
T

The Hammer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Juli I would love to hear you car or even take a ride to listen to the sound. I like Sean my previous partner is a dealer with him so I can save a few bucks. I love loud, but my wife hates it so I was trying to be alittle nice. I will dyno the car before and after the mods! this is step one. If its to loud I will put on header no exhaust but I hate to do that. Filter never dyno more cause car is not moving and air isn't getting forced in at MPH.

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Juli I would love to hear you car or even take a ride to listen to the sound. I like Sean my previous partner is a dealer with him so I can save a few bucks. I love loud, but my wife hates it so I was trying to be alittle nice. I will dyno the car before and after the mods! this is step one. If its to loud I will put on header no exhaust but I hate to do that. Filter never dyno more cause car is not moving and air isn't getting forced in at MPH.

This IS Marc, right??? Didn't you hear the BEAST at TatorToga?? You did leave before us, so don't know if you heard us on the highway going up ('hammering' it, teeheeeee) with all of you other guys...I don't have a sound clip, but think you are in my area? We're Albany, NY; were you also close by? Let me know....maybe we can drum up something!
Too bad the wife doesn't like loud--that's what the BEAST is MADE for!!!! Corsa Exhaust is loud, and adding headers just made it tad more so...but it's a VERY LOVELY sound....glad you got Sean in your back pocket!!! $$$$$$$$$$$!! True, filters don't help in figuring out if adding hp while dynoing, I agree---we more or less know by driving the car, green or K&N are both fine. LMK---juli

OP
OP
T

The Hammer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes Marc, I can't remember that far back, but I think it was to loud. I am doing cat back corsa exhaust. I was going to do headers but Mark Jegonsen talked me out of it. I have done alot of reseach and I don't think headers make a huge difference for the price and gain. The only question is should I do the VC3 I feel the car could be tuned better than it is and unlike the vette you need a controller to tune it. Have you seen Bo at all. I went boating with him once but otherwise no viper stuff. A friend of mine Scott just got a 650 Venom viper, Damb that thing is fast. seeya

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes Marc, I can't remember that far back, but I think it was to loud. I am doing cat back corsa exhaust. I was going to do headers but Mark Jegonsen talked me out of it. I have done alot of reseach and I don't think headers make a huge difference for the price and gain. The only question is should I do the VC3 I feel the car could be tuned better than it is and unlike the vette you need a controller to tune it. Have you seen Bo at all. I went boating with him once but otherwise no viper stuff. A friend of mine Scott just got a 650 Venom viper, Damb that thing is fast. seeya

HI Marc!!!!! LOL--can't remember back to May? When we all went bat-out-of-hell up the Northway??? I will NEVER forget that day---gave me a *high* for WEEKS!!! Anyway--yeah, I think our setup is too loud for what your wife would like....(we personally love it)...and yes, again, headers are NOT necessary for GenIII's....they don't add alot of HP...just help the car run cooler and pull more exhaust out...you are correct, you do NOT need them...we didn't either, but were getting a setup for the Roe s/c, when it's ever available...gotta get back to Sean on that!!! (yep, we have a VECII for tuning, it is not necessary, but a valuable tool to tune--our car was running too rich...now it's just right after tuning on the dyno at RomarRacing/Kyle is excellent with that)....nope, have not heard from Bo at all....which is weird...haven't seen his Viper out and about either...
I'm trying to find a picture....I'll find it in a bit, have to head out now....Mike passed your car on Route 20 and quickly took a picture...will try to find it!!! ~juli~
PM me if you wish....we can get together if you want to hear the car, and Mike says you can use the Green filters if you want to....see how you like them?

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
:2tu: Marc/Hammer---here is your picture Mike quickly shot out of his work truck...this is Route 20 in Guilderland July 20th!!! (Finally found the picture then figured out how to upload it to a decent size!)....so, you really can't SEE your license plate, but it's you!!!!
~juli~