Which tire PS2 or Kumho

NeilS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone know the difference between these tires I am looking to buy new tires for new six spoke rims. Just wondering what the pros and cons of each, these seem to be the most popular choices Thanks

cash84

Viper Owner
Reaction score
since you talking about six spokes, they are 18's front and 19's rear....kumho no longer makes rears which is very upsetting to alot of us. So pretty much you're left with PS2's but still great tires!!

Olddudesrule

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Have you given the BF Goodrich KDW NT's a look? I've read some good reviews, and most of the negative comments have been about excessive noise (who in a Viper can hear much road noise?). I'm putting on a set on an 01 GTS I just picked up. Price point is great also. Give them a look.

v10enomous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I also plan to put these on my GTS... Great price too... Let us know how you like them ?

Have you given the BF Goodrich KDW NT's a look? I've read some good reviews, and most of the negative comments have been about excessive noise (who in a Viper can hear much road noise?). I'm putting on a set on an 01 GTS I just picked up. Price point is great also. Give them a look.

JBW1997

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have been looking into tires too. I have a '97 (17") so my choices are limited to PS2's or the Kuhmos. I went with the PS2's for the simple reason that I know I will not be disappointed. I have heard good things about the Kuhmos, but if I did not like them I would have wished I had the PS2's despite the price difference.

Catwood

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Nada for a gen 4

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
This is a very searchable topic. If you talk to those in the tire business that are very knowledgeable, like Luke at tire rack, you will get a dramatically different opinion on the BFG's compared to Michelin or Kumho.

I would urge you to spend a little more money and get a lot more handling and traction.

happy

Viper Owner
Reaction score
i had the bf kdw's on my 04 sti with 480awhp and they grip like ya wouldnt believe wear im not sure only drove car maby 1000 miles and sold it didnt like the car lol but when i took them into get balanced i lightweight racing oz wheels all 3 tires did not need any weights they were all good and 4 only needed 2 oz but they guy said these must have been some expensive tires cause he never seen that before and they drove so nice. and looked awesome too!

TAILWAG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
look at the NT05s as well - they are considerably grippier than the Invo's...

Broch

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have kumhos on my 95 (17).. brand new, very soft and sticky. After a few months (<2K miles) very worn already and the rubber is much harder after sitting this winter. I took a quick drive recently and feel they need much more warming up. I'm going back to PS2 this month.

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
This is a very searchable topic. If you talk to those in the tire business that are very knowledgeable, like Luke at tire rack, you will get a dramatically different opinion on the BFG's compared to Michelin or Kumho.

I would urge you to spend a little more money and get a lot more handling and traction.

To clarify, we DO have full sets of the SRT-10 sized 18-19'' Kumho XS. HARD TO FIND. Saves about $175 off PS2...... but wears out faster. Any of the softer-stickier stuff goes away faster, esp at the rear...... By $ per mile = PS2 best value, great road-hazard safety, great wet, excellent traction, handling and ride.

AZTVR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have kumhos on my 95 (17).. brand new, very soft and sticky. After a few months (<2K miles) very worn already and the rubber is much harder after sitting this winter. I took a quick drive recently and feel they need much more warming up. I'm going back to PS2 this month.

Which Kumhos ?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jpolen21