White Lightning...

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So, a fellow Viper Owner has been ecstatic about his White Lightning module. Says it helped increase gas mileage and the car feels better. Being the skeptic that I am I said hogwash. Basically these things turn out to be nothing more than a .38 cent resistor from Radio Shack. White Lightning is a little sealed black box with two wires sticking out of it. It plugs into the IAT sensor connector in place of the IAT in the airbox.

So, this person who will remain unamed for now, asked me to plug it in and see what it's telling the PCM. Using my Vec3, I logged the IAT and its a constant 110 degrees even though the engine is cold and it's about 70 in my garage.

I thought the premise of these things is to tell the PCM its colder outside than it actually is??? Or, is it trying to tell the PCM its hotter out than it is so the PCM throws more fuel? Anyway, I'm not sure what its supposed to do but there you have it.

Last edited:

Tusc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't know about you, but besides installing tech like this I also enjoy downing random pills when people offer.

Hypertech power programmer, anyone? ::eek:ffers:: :lmao: