Who designed the new C6 Vette?

Firecat F7 Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have an argument going on with someone and I thought the same designers of the Gen1 and 2 viper is now working with GM and designed the new Vette.
Am I right or way off? :confused:

SingleMalt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wasn't the GenI designed by the same guy who did the mid-90s RX-7? I don't think he ever did any work for GM...

Mike

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What's different about it? It was probably designed by the same accountant that designed the C5. Those guys at Generic Motors are so efficient - boring, unimaginative and bland, but efficient.

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I remember reading an article that quoted Bob Lutz's first response to seeing the C6 prototype when he joined GM a few years back. Went something like this.....

GM employee, pulling the cover off the prototype...

"This is the new C6 Corvette Mr. Lutz"

Lutz.....

"No it's not!"

He probably changed it a lot, can you imagine how bad it was before he got to it? It explains a lot if Peters was the designer.

dennis

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I remember reading an article that quoted Bob Lutz's first response to seeing the C6 prototype when he joined GM a few years back. Went something like this.....

GM employee, pulling the cover off the prototype...

"This is the new C6 Corvette Mr. Lutz"

Lutz.....

"No it's not!"

He probably changed it a lot, can you imagine how bad it was before he got to it? It explains a lot if Peters was the designer.

Hahahaha... I'd love to see that prototype, and especially the looks on the faces of the GM guys and Lutz.

iceburgh

Enthusiast
Reaction score
John Cafarro started it Tom Peters finished it.
You guys are to harsh..... the new vipers look great but I see the New vipers look alot like a C5Z06 with no top.

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
John Cafarro started it Tom Peters finished it.
You guys are to harsh..... the new vipers look great but I see the New vipers look alot like a C5Z06 with no top.

Um, that would be the day that anyone could confuse a C5 and an SRT. Now, a C6 and an SRT--- easily. Isnt it time that GM got one of their own ideas? The C6 is such a blatent SRT knockoff its rediculous. Ever seen an overhead view of the front of a C6? by far the most apparent view.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
potterb4