Who has some custom sub enclosure advice for..........

LETHAL GTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
the back of a GTS. I'm going to be installing 2 Kicker LS7 10in subs in the back and was wondering if anyone has some good ideas.
Thanks

GTSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's very similar to my set up. The rear speakers are a must if you want any rear imaging. I have some pics in my gallery.

One very important note. You must not block the vents exiting the trunk! You will blow out your rear glass at high speeds if you open your window. Also if the airbag ever goes off you will blow your ear drums and any window that's closed.

venomblue550

Viper Owner
Reaction score
my car is in the shop getting the sound system install....will have picture up soon...and we will have the custom box setup avail for sale on our new site soon too....thanks

Achilles99

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I bought my 2001 GTS with a pretty cool sub-enclosure built into the sides of the trunk:

4563dsc00883-med.jpg

GTSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Achilles,

Do you hear any pulsing in your ears when you are driving with the windows down? It looks like the subs are blocking the vents. If so, I would recommend you not roll down your windows when you are driving at high speeds.

Achilles99

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No pulsing with windows down... so, I'm guessing that the air is venting somewhere.

Sometimes, when I want to go really fast, I remove the hatch glass ;)

OP
OP
L

LETHAL GTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I bought my 2001 GTS with a pretty cool sub-enclosure built into the sides of the trunk:

4563dsc00883-med.jpg

Thanks for the pic. This was one of the idea's I have exactly!
Are the boxes removable or are the fixed in place?
If they are removable, would it be any trouble taking a pic with them out of the car and getting some dimensions from you.
BTW....tell me more about your system and how does it sound? Awesome no doubt!

Achilles99

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm not a big stereo guy, so I can't get too specific... I'll tell you what I know about the system (all came with the car).

Factory amp is no longer in. There are two aftermarket amps (one under each seat). One is powering the subs, the other powers the rest of the speakers. All of the speakers are aftermarket, including crossovers built into the door (I found that out the hard way when the door speakers stopped working... had to rip apart all of the panels to figure it out. Crossover came unplugged).

Headunit is a Kenwood MP3 player. I hardwired my IPOD by using an aux cable. System sounds fantastic.

I'm not sure if the sub boxes are easily removeable... if they are, I'll pull them out and snap some shots. If you are REALLY serious about it, I'll try and remove it within reason (ie, if it's screwed, I'll unscrew it... if it's glued, you are out of luck :) ). Just let me know!

OP
OP
L

LETHAL GTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Yes! Thank you. I don't want you to go threw too much trouble, but this is the kinda thing I'm after. Doesn't screw up luggage space, let's you still get to the spare and really doesn't modify the car so if I need to take it back to the original it's simple :2tu:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960