Who is buying a 2010?

viperdrummer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I bought an 09 thinking it might be the last year. The 2010 choices seem interesting and I am pretty sure I am getting one.

Anyone else?

Art 138

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When are they opening up orders??? I would assume not until some of the 09s sitting at the dealers are sold....

Golfer15

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Up here in the Great White North no 09's to be had at any dealerships locally....waiting to hear from dealership when 2010 can be ordered as well

KenricGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Still waiting my 09 ACR:( Should've just got a 10 by the time I get my ACR it will be Feb 2010

OP
OP
viperdrummer

viperdrummer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What "choices":dunno:

I don't want to jump any annoucments here, but there are several. Some neat stuff will be offered. (don't expect more power) Orders not quite being taken yet.

However, if I did not already have an 09 I would first take advantage of the financing now available on 09s.

Call John Gastman at Roanoke if interested in either.

01sapphirebob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can you say when these "announcements" will be??
I don't want to jump any annoucments here, but there are several. Some neat stuff will be offered. (don't expect more power) Orders not quite being taken yet.

However, if I did not already have an 09 I would first take advantage of the financing now available on 09s.

Call John Gastman at Roanoke if interested in either.

BlknBlu

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Also 5th gear has been changed and the rear ACR wing has also been changed. Looks like a pretty cool package

Bruce

KenricGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Did you order some kind of unique ACR? Seems like dealers have quite a few on their lots in all different colors. Did they say why your car is taking so long?

Canceled my order for the 09 ACR. Going to order a 2010 now Dealer is super cool. It all worked out better. The new ACR is now able to hit 202 with new 5th gear.:drive:

Martin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm curious to see what colors are going to be offered in '10. For me, I had to have GTS Blue with the black centerband, and I was pretty sure that was going to be a one-year run for the ACR. If they offer it again in '10, I could probably be convinced to get one :) The lower fifth gear ratio is something that I've been wishing for since the beginning - but for the street it's not going to make much difference at all. In a perfect world (no stupid EPA rating) I'd have also changed the sixth gear ratio to something in the area of .68 - that would have made it useable. The .50 ratio is just plain stupid for anything but gas mileage.

Anyone know how much of a price change the '10 cars have?

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just a 5th gear change from .73 to .79 will not make the ACr's top speed go from 177 to 202 mph...No way and no how...

But Dodge did claim that the ACR will go from 177 in 2009 to 183 mph for the 2010 ACR..pretty huge improvement to me...CaR WILL BE MUCH FASTER AT LONG COURSES

LET us not forget that the 708 lumpy cam was a bit more powerful than the cream puffs...the lumpy 708 cammed gen2's from 96-99 always dynoed 405-415 rwhp...While the cream puffs were more in the 400-410 rwhp range..

I feel it in my gut that the 2010's are gonna be dynoing 560 plus rwhp as compared to the 2009's 540 plus rwhp...

They are gonna be aiming for the ZR1 in the 1/4 mile..I just KNOW

viperpalmer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There are going to be several special edition acrs, many are 10 car runs. The change in the endplates and 5th gear and a nice addition with a standard short throw shifter. The Laguna Seca edition looks pretty mean and I believe there is video on youtube beating the track record already. Also without giving too much away the 2010 will be able to be differentiated from 09 and below with the naked eye. Let me know if you have any questions. We are taking orders now and with several special editions making only 10 a piece the orders are filling up fast.
Thank you,
Jared O'Brien

ASPIRATIONS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This ***** for the 08 and 09 owners. Also, who is going to even want to buy a 09 Viper now?

DOES Not **** for me..Try getting a 2010 ACR for Invoice or below.:rolaugh: I also saved another 5,600 on taxes(registration fees) from my trade which I wouldnt be able to do in 2010..I missed out on the financing but still have a good rate that Iam very happy with..
As far as the short shifter,got that free with my 850.00 rebate from Dodge ....plus more cool stuff..The tranny gears and revised wing/endplates are nice but I wont die without them ,lol..They are more for the ******** track-rats and bragging rites and of course can be retro fitted if wanted... I still think if your looking and want a great deal buy a 09....UNLESS you have the cash to blow...It worked out for me anyway.:2tu: Kevin

Martin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Kevin's got good points - there are some insanely good deals out there right now, and the financing deal is a great bonus. The '10 car is going to be desirable to a collector, but that doesn't necessarily mean the '09 or '08 cars are going to be less desirable than they are today. For the vast, vast majority of us that buy these cars to drive and enjoy, you won't see a better $/HP ratio than you see today... Twenty or thirty years from now, who really cares? I'm sure I'll have other things on my mind at that point - if I'm still able to think at all...

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just a 5th gear change from .73 to .79 will not make the ACr's top speed go from 177 to 202 mph...No way and no how...

But Dodge did claim that the ACR will go from 177 in 2009 to 183 mph for the 2010 ACR..pretty huge improvement to me...CaR WILL BE MUCH FASTER AT LONG COURSES

LET us not forget that the 708 lumpy cam was a bit more powerful than the cream puffs...the lumpy 708 cammed gen2's from 96-99 always dynoed 405-415 rwhp...While the cream puffs were more in the 400-410 rwhp range..

I feel it in my gut that the 2010's are gonna be dynoing 560 plus rwhp as compared to the 2009's 540 plus rwhp...

They are gonna be aiming for the ZR1 in the 1/4 mile..I just KNOW

Actually not true about the creampuffs. There are serious authorities here like Pemberton who will tell you the puffs were stronger in many cases. The only time I dynoed mine it was at 1200 miles bone stock and it went 418 rwhp on Heffners dyno.

hou99gts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree 100% on the 09 - I got a great deal, 0%, and exactly the car I wanted. The 10 will be a little better, but after the price markups and financing difference, I am glad I bought the 09, not to mention there may have been LESS 09's made than the 500 2010's.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang