Who is running Nitto Invo's? Pics?

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
ok, Why dont you just tell us why:dunno:
Because they have a soft sidewall that allows a nice launch.

This leaves much to be desired on a real track(roadcourse) or spirited drives on twisty backroads as the tire rolls over and scrubs the sidewall. Nice overall tire though for the average driver or dragracer, and good price. Lookswise i dont like em as much as the other options because like Hank said they run narrower than other brands giving the tire a stretched look tapered from the rim inward to the tread.(my experience is with 345/30-19 tires on HRE's)

Agreed 1000% to all.......and their distribution network makes a big VACUUM sound.
Just try to replace 1 or 2 in a panic mode, flat or bald tire, etc, and NONE ANYWHERE...for WEEKS or Months.

Which is why some of you have discovered the back-orders

Last edited:

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
So Invo's go straight great but not so much on a handling course. If i want to go straight and handle check out the kumho's, but if want the best of both worlds just get the sport cups that are on the ACR's?

More good advice on all counts.....

Somewhere in Time

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What's the manufacture date on the tires you just got? I have a set of 6 spokes sitting in my garage waiting to go on, but I've been waiting on Invos. Since everyone is sold out, I'm just wondering how old your new tires are.

My Invos I just bought (345/30/19) have 3208 on the side wall. That explains why they were available. 2008, Holy crap. :dunno:

Slithr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's not bad at all! They recommend no tire with a seven year or higher age limit. That falls well below the average for a tire that isn't purchased very often.

I thought it was any tire 4 years over Mfg. date starts to get hard/dangerous. :dunno: If it's 7 years, maybe I shuold've tried to get more than 6K miles out of my factory 2003 PS1 ZP's :confused:

FLATOUT

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Kuhmos aren't even close when it comes to putting the power down on the street or strip. The Invos Hook, only tire I would run over it would be a sport cup.

I ran Khumo's on my old Z06, then Perreli P Zero Nero's, then Invo's. My Invos handled, and went straight better than the other brands.

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sport Cup is a great tire, but wet weather traction is horrible on the Michelins. I've driven my Invo tires in very hard rain, no issues. Invo is my favorite all-around tire now. I've also tracked them, no complaints here.

Tony

Ripper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
No complaints here on the Invo's

Run them not only on my HRE's that are on my Viper
but also on my TT Gallardo

Can hook 1070awhp in second gear and sometimes in the top of first. :D

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
My Invos I just bought (345/30/19) have 3208 on the side wall. That explains why they were available. 2008, Holy crap. :dunno:

A new tire that has never been INFLATED, (which stretches the carcass and tread,) and therefore can never have been mounted , {which stretches the bead,} and never has been driven (which breaks the mold-rind) has not been subject to anywhere near the oxidation, and is just fine since 2008.... deteriorates only 2-3% a year when new and properly stored....

forexx4

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just mounted some PS2's on my '99 ACR but the Invo's for my '04 GTO will be getting mounted next week. I don't have experience with them but after everything I've read I'm willing to give them a try. The Goat is putting down 600 to the wheels (thanks to a hair dryer) so we'll see how well these hold up. ;)

BigBadViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think the tires you get for your car really depend on how you drive it. I know that mike does alot of drag racing and loves his invos. I personally have Mickey thompson DR's and if you want hook, I don't know that you can get any better. I ran 6 passes with 1.3 60' times on all of them. I didn't spin at all in any gear.

When I turned up the boost they hooked so damn good that i took out my axles on the first pass, then I went through 2 rear ends. The tires hook so well that we are actually going to turn down the boost at launch.

Red Shift

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Bat™

What about the date codes on these tires? I was puzzled by them on my Invos. Your photo reads "D261807". This doesn't fit the normal convention of Week/Year. It could possibly be Day/Week/Year, but that's just a guess. Anyone KNOW how it works? I don't think it's Day/Week/Year because two of my Invos listed something like D260711, unless I got fresh tires from the future :confused:

Also, TIRE PRESSURE!
I have 25 series Invos in 20" on my GTS. That's a considerably less amount of sidewall compared to the fat 17" tires I had on it before. How does this affect the recommended pressure?

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
We have used both of these tires and others on Vipers and find virtually all of them quite satisfactory for the majority of drivers. There gets to be a bit of hysteria, in my opinion, about availability of various brands, and frankly it was only a bit over a year ago that Kumhos were impossible to get. Nittos, as a Japanese brand, are obviously quite likely to have a bit of a delay with the horrendous disaster in Japan, but this will also affect Yokohama, Bridgestone and many others. Kumho, as a Korean Company , should be in better shape, but as noted it was not that long ago that they were experiencing shortages. With a low volume car like the Viper , this has been a common occurence for a very long time, and in fact we have gone through periods where even the vaunted Michelins were hard to get.

As a consumer , and a Dealer, we have been pleased with Kumho, Nitto, and Michelin and are quite pleased that various manufacturers see fit to make tires to fit our beloved machines.

When viewing your purchase , tires should be viewed based on what you will use them for. Frankly my first drive on Nittos at the track ( in a different car ) brought us to the conclusion they ran better with alot higher cold temperatures than some other brands. It is even noted here that some of the guys drag racing are running traditionally high tire pressures for their trips down the strip. Michelins, in my experience, hook up a ton better with less air than noted here, work great on a road course with slightly higher than recommended street temps, yet chew themselves alive on an autocross course. In other words, even one of the best tires on the Planet for our car, the PS2, has some limitations.

Just my random thoughts, but hopefully it sheds a bit of light on the current situations and also how things have occurred in the past.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang