Who is running Nitto Invo's? Pics?

AbsolutHank

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had them on my last Viper with aftermarket 20" wheels and loved how they looked and performed. But I'm more concerned with how they fit the stock wheels. Anyone have pictures of how they fit on stock wheels, with 5/6/10/H spokes? Nittos run narrower than other brands, and I want to make sure they don't look too stretched.

Stealth

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am running 19/20 Invos on my HREs and love them!

Good handling, nice profiles and quiet.

I have PS2s on my OEM 18/19s.

shine

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I've run Invos on my other SRTs, have to say, I've never been terribly impressed with them -- straight line grippiness (while launching or going open throttle) has never been as good as I thought they should be. They do corner well, though. They do look good, but I prefer Goodyear F1s over Invo.

10 BANGER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've run Invos on my other SRTs, have to say, I've never been terribly impressed with them -- straight line grippiness (while launching or going open throttle) has never been as good as I thought they should be. They do corner well, though. They do look good, but I prefer Goodyear F1s over Invo.

I've heard the complete opposite from owners that track their cars. Not very good on cornering and great on straights.
Not sure what you are doing with yours.:dunno:

1fast400

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There is a reason anyone going fast at a drag strip uses invo's.

Dom426h

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There is a reason anyone going fast at a drag strip uses invo's.

ok, Why dont you just tell us why:dunno:
Because they have a soft sidewall that allows a nice launch.

This leaves much to be desired on a real track(roadcourse) or spirited drives on twisty backroads as the tire rolls over and scrubs the sidewall. Nice overall tire though for the average driver or dragracer, and good price. Lookswise i dont like em as much as the other options because like Hank said they run narrower than other brands giving the tire a stretched look tapered from the rim inward to the tread.(my experience is with 345/30-19 tires on HRE's)

TowDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's strange. I bought a full set, including rears 2 weeks ago. The arrived in 5 days. I bought them from Onlinetires.com

I LOVE my Invos.

What's the manufacture date on the tires you just got? I have a set of 6 spokes sitting in my garage waiting to go on, but I've been waiting on Invos. Since everyone is sold out, I'm just wondering how old your new tires are.

Slithr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was considering Nitto's, until I pulled the trigger on a set of Kumhos last week, based on JonB's reccomendation/opinion. :) Thanks JonB! :2tu:

TowDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Somewhere just PM's me and said he'll check the dates on his new tires if I can tell him where the date code is. Can someone with Invo's help me out here with where it is and how to read it?

LifeIsGood

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The last 4 digits are the week and year of the manufacture date. These INVOs were manufactured in the 18th week of 2010 (1810)...

You must be registered for see images

10 BANGER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The last 4 digits are the week and year of the manufacture date. These INVOs were manufactured in the 18th week of 2010 (1810)...

You must be registered for see images

Are you kidding me? Life can't be good with a tire looking like that:omg:
Dress it up!!:rolaugh:

shine

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I've heard the complete opposite from owners that track their cars. Not very good on cornering and great on straights.
Not sure what you are doing with yours.:dunno:

Interesting, I thought they did terrible at the drag strip. I've heard the same from other drag racers who, like me, switch them off when at the strip.

Nitto tires in general are notorious for being useless though unless you do a John Force burnout, maybe I just wasn't heating them up enough. I usually drag race on Nitto NT555Rs, which require a big fat nasty to get sticky.

FLATOUT

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I cut 1.80 60's on a 20 inch rim on mine first time running this car down the quarter. On a ****ty track no less.

Slithr John B really talked you into Khumo's? Oh well next set go with Nittos at that price point.

Mine didn't need a John Force burnout to perform. A normal burnout not a "spin them up to the line, rookie tire clean off" is more than sufficient to get them to stick quite well for such a small sidewall.

Somewhere in Time

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Somewhere just PM's me and said he'll check the dates on his new tires if I can tell him where the date code is. Can someone with Invo's help me out here with where it is and how to read it?

Just learned how to read a tire date thanks to this thread. I'll let you know my dates tomorrow.

1fast400

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've made countless passes on my Invo's. Anyone that says they **** for drag racing, doesn't know how to launch/drive their car. Most people won't cut 1.40's with slicks/radials and I've done it with invo's.

Video running 5.80's on an 1/8th mile track with a 20" invo. Drove it to the track and drove it home:

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AD2Uzq45R2k[/media]

jman2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So Invo's go straight great but not so much on a handling course.
If i want to go straight and handle check out the kumho's, but if want the best of both worlds just get the sport cups that are on the ACR's?