Who saw the Fast and the Fart can 2?

CAS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A couple of screenshots, about 20 sec in motion on the freeway. Nothing really impressive SRT wise in the movie.

Torquemonster

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Movie was ok - most driving had little basis in reality.

The Viper was not pulling in an Evo 7 - in a straight line along the interstate - that is a joke! In reality it would have caught up and climbed right over it... but you can't have the star get beat!

The Skyline was hot - some of the fast cornering was real.... the side by side racing was make believe. The sideways slide right towards the camera in the Skyline was real - I saw the documentary of that take.... that was cool.... and was done to precision with people all around so no room for error.

mjguflaw

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Movie was disappointing. Really ridiculous racing scenes. Cars I wouldn't even consider as daily drivers touted as sports cars (eclipse convertible, come on, I can outrun that thing on foot). They did give respect though to American muscle, which was cool. Hold out for Bad Boys 2, the Ferrari chase scene on McArthur causeway in Miami is going to be phenomenal.

AviSarfaraz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I saw more Rice than I ever needed too....The Acting was "Generic"

"Hey Bro."

and they made the superior viper and vette lose to abunch of [******] rice burners....

This was a pretty stupid movie.

Moundir

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Movie was disappointing. Really ridiculous racing scenes. Cars I wouldn't even consider as daily drivers touted as sports cars (eclipse convertible, come on, I can outrun that thing on foot). They did give respect though to American muscle, which was cool. Hold out for Bad Boys 2, the Ferrari chase scene on McArthur causeway in Miami is going to be phenomenal.
Bad boys looks awesome :eek: I didnt see slow and ricey, nor will I shell out 10 bucks to go see that :rolleyes:

matt lankford

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ive been waiting for BB2 since badboys came on hbo about 10 years ago. its on once a week still

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Just got back from seeing the "Fast and the Furriest".Sad tale of a racing greyhound that lost alot of races due to a genetic flaw. His long coat of hair kept getting into his eyes at speed, and though often in the lead, he often lost sight of the finish line. Like the movie you guys saw, I would say they were both DOGS!!!

Torquemonster

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Maui Viper - yeah - but gee it must have been a bloody big bottle of Nos! It lasted for miles :rolleyes: ;)

we need a new movie where the Rice guys get turned into sashimi donbori by good ol American muscle - plenty of hp, plenty of rumble, good driving and realistic filming.... like a blown or TT Viper power sliding out of a turn - steering on the throttle, then nailing it past a rice burner like he was standing still... and roadside camera watching it until vanishing point, then going on board at 200+ along the Nevada desert! :D

snowmann

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I thought it was pretty cool, but I think the movie is more for the younger crowd... he he ... I am 27 but the movie is more for someone that is 18.

Russ Oasis

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We need a realistic version of the movie. One where the ricer blows a rod through the block for too much spray, too long. Just like "Airport" was spoofed with "Airplane", and "James Bond" was spoofed with "Naked Gun"....we should produce a spoof of 2F2F. It could be based in reality. The kids who drive ricers lose their pants while standing around because they are hanging so low on their as_. The ricer goes to a road race and gets crushed by Vipers and Ferraris because the car is too small to be seen by a real car on the track. I think you get the idea.

Torquemonster

Enthusiast
Reaction score
yes - and run a race across a desert.

The Viper and exotic drivers could be filmed taking off with the Ricers, pulling away from them like they were standing still, then arriving at the other end to sit down to a nice lunch, and just as they finish eating, the ricer's start arriving in "hot pursuit".... only to find that lunch has now grown mold and worms.

lol about the low pants thing - man that ****** me off when I see that - it's about as uncool as a guy can get. The Viper and Muscle car drivers should have all the ricers standing in a row and run along behind them yanking the ricers pants down then sprinting for their cars for a LeMans start..... watching those clowns trying to run with their pants around their knees would be hilarious.

OP
OP
N

Newport Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
""The Viper and Muscle car drivers should have all the ricers standing in a row and run along behind them yanking the ricers pants down then sprinting for their cars for a LeMans start..... watching those clowns trying to run with their pants around their knees would be hilarious. ""

LOL LOL LOL !!!!!!!!!

Snakester

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I actually just went to a drive-in movie with a group of Corvettes and Firebirds to see 2F&2F and laugh. :D

It certainly would have been a waste of money in a real theater ( or taking the movie seriously). But it was fun to see it amongst American iron fans. :laugh:

The driving scenes were less realistic than in the Matrix Reloaded, with an AWD Evo VII driving backwards at 100MPH on the freeway, and still was beating the SRT-10 Viper, Yenko Camaro, and a Cuda.

And the use of N20, Sorry...NAAAWWWWSS was as good as engaging trans-warp drive in any space movie. The driver gets thrown back in his seat and everything blurs like a bad acid trip.

It was essentaially a CGI video game, with it's own twisted reality, and the more that you know about cars, the goofier that the movie sounds.

Paul Walker has obviously graduated from the Keanu Reeves Dude School of Acting, and everything else plays out like a warped Miami Vice rerun.

And it was funny to see the real performance of the actual cars, when tested by Sport Compact Magazine.
That cool Skyline was actually stock (just like you would buy it from Motorex for $95,000 with 280 HP, running a 14.1 sec 1/4 mile. DUDE!

http://www.sportcompactcarweb.com/features/0307scc_2f2fskyline/index.html

18-nothing, this movie was shooting straight for 12 year-old Playstation addicts who take this movie as gospel.

The yellow SRT-10 Viper was indeed a bit-player in this film, but at least it didn't meet the nasty end of the poor Mustang or Corvette. Or the 300 demolished police cruisers, finally repaired from their crashes in the Blues Brothers movie.

Universal should be releasing this action-fantasy film on DVD this coming September 30th. It's definitely worth a rental for the laughs alone.

-Dean.

Viperzilla

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Those times make me think that the drivers at Sport Compact Car, which is the only import scene mag I'm loyal to, can't drive worth crap.

I don't think the movie was geared towards a certain age. It was meant for the ricers, the wanna-be's, the gonna-wanna-be's, and the immature overall. I'm 18, soon to be 19, and I couldn't stand the rediculousness of the first one. My friend (female, not a car enthusiast) said that the acting was worse, especially Paul Walker. Makes me think that Walker didn't graduate, but failed Keanu's acting school. I have yet to see the second film, I'll wait to rent it, I don't feel any NEED or real WANT to see the movie. Even if it does have an SRT.

AviSarfaraz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hate rice. but I resent the young age remark! You [******] :p !

Anyways....

"We need a Viper....Lots of Vipers."

We could Do a Anti Rice movie for digital release on the internet in hopes of educating some of the ricers that their totally idiotic ways are...totally idiotic and how much better it would be if they just got a REAL CAR!

Torquemonster

Enthusiast
Reaction score
And it was funny to see the real performance of the actual cars, when tested by Sport Compact Magazine.
That cool Skyline was actually stock (just like you would buy it from Motorex for $95,000 with 280 HP, running a 14.1 sec 1/4 mile. DUDE!

DUDE is right! Looked up the link - nice kit, but what a joke. What plonker would disconnect the AWD - unbelievable. You can drift them and hang the rear out in AWD anyway, and 14.1 is not even close to what a stock one runs... Playstation is right.

My old 2 litre ran 13.6 at 103mph, the GTR's after a few miles would normally run high 12's stock. To run 10's is all bolt ons. Only the guys running 8's and 9's need to pull the engines. Local boy Reece McGreggor is running his street legal GTR at 8.59 @159mph! That would have been worthy of the title "Fast N Furious".

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960