Who use driving/fogs and how to adjust them....

rgifford

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It seems as though every driver I pass in a corner is flashing his highs at me because my fogs/driving lights are pointed to high, straight-aways are a 50/50 chance of a high beam. I can see the look(squint) on peoples faces about 20 feet from the car in the other lane. Is there a remedy for this, how does everyone else use their driving/fogs?? Are these lights even supposed to be used when their is oncoming traffic, in not, anyone have alternate solutions or different lights/lenses to replace the stock driving/fogs??

Thanks

Robert

Ron Hickey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My driving lights were miserably out of adjustment from the factory. We adjusted them and they're much better now. We didn't do anything too scientific -- just pulled up to the side of a building, turned on the driving lights and adjusted the hot zones (one was reading house numbers). The adjustment can be accessed by removing a rubber plug from one of the holes in the inside of the front wheelwells.

luc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fogs light are NOT driving lights.

As their name imply, they are to be used ONLY in foggy and/or snowy conditions.

A fog light put a short,very low and very wide beam of light.

A driving light put a very focused, sharp and very long beam of light.
Peoples using their fogs light all the time,are in the same category than peoples using the left lane all the time and not for passing ONLY.

Luc.00GTS

Reaction score
correctamundo Luc, but with improved elements like the Piaa H3 85W's the fog lamps sure light up the interlopers on the shoulders. For some of you looking for better eyeballs, I have been using Piaa 9005's super whites in the low beam circuit with fairly good results. Although technically a high beam element the 9500's when aimed correctly, don't get flashed down. Nothing available for the high beam circuit yet that I know of. Of course, there is always Sean Roe's gas setup.

Vip-RT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I got the mail...Thanks a lot.

Paul...I hate those grey hairs. I was out today with the snake and a grey head pulls out infront of me...I locked them up, flat spotting the tires a bit. I gave her the bird and a good rev! She moved over then along with a heart attack. Everyone, please keep your grandparents home, don't send them down here, they are like roaches, (everywhere).
pissed.gif