WHO WANTS A BLACK 2003, LOOK HERE!

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This came up a couple of days ago, I got the impression that colors might still be open to consideration by DC. Now that we have been through the certification process, perhaps if everyone who would like black as an option would pile on this thread and i.d. themselves as a certificate holder and that they would really prefer black, DC would listen. We know they monitor the board! Think triple black, or black on black with connelly interior. Black with red or silver stripes! We are now confirmed as being first in line, so maybe DC will listen. DC, here's my first argument...What order were the colors brought out in the Gen 1... Red,.... then what?

Mike Brunton

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I want silver on mine - easy to keep clean, very classy looking, timeless good looks and should always be a popular color. Plus a car with nice lines is accentuated by silver. Black tends to look meaner and hide curves.

I can see why they have red - it's a Dodge tradition. Silver is a very good option to red - totally different look.

But why the heck have that graphite color? It's similar to silver. Why not a totally different color. If they are going to add a color, make it yellow and ditch the graphite. If DC won't do yellow, then give us a black roadster. I'd never buy one, but they DO look really cool.

I would be willing to bet that a LOT more people would want a black SRT than a graphite one. Silver and red seem popular. I bet Yellow would be very popular also, and so would black be.

So even though I would take silver over black, I say ditch the graphite and do black or yellow. Do yellow and I'll pick that. Do black and more people will be happy than with graphite.

jwwiii

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hello;

I am all for the SILVER, myself, but Black would be awesome. I live in the country, so washing it would be a full time job with a Black Viper. I do think Black should be offered for you folks who want it, and there seem to be quite a few.

I hope that the new Silver will be an improvement in quality over my 98' RT. Viper had a heck of a time getting that color to work on the Viper, but I do love Silver!

Anybody have any interest in a really nice Green? Something more exciting than the dark green that was out for a year or so. I think it would look great.

Good luck with the Black, I think it would be very cool! Anybody interested in stripes? I would really like to see some pics of an 03' with stripes. Who's good with photoshop?

Jim

Joseph Houss

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Guys, I started a topic many moons ago that allowed all to look at some examples of different colors. Here's just a few:

You must be registered for see images

Black

Blue

BRG

Teal

Silver

VIPERESS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<FONT size="4">VIPER</FONT s> <FONT size="5">+</FONT s> <FONT size="4">COLOR BLACK</FONT s> <FONT size="5">=</FONT s> <FONT size="4">CLASSY</FONT s>
smile.gif
devil.gif

Steve Ferguson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How about some old Mopar colors, lime green, orange, plum crazy, or why not do a pearl white?

I HAD to own a red Viper, if I wanted to get one, so I thought it might be nice if we could get some colors that HAVE NOT BEEN ON A VIPER YET?????????

Joseph Houss

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Here's some for the classic look:

Did someone say yellow?:

Steve Ferguson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That green is killer! Joe can you do a Pearl white? And could you make the purple much darker? And can you do all that quickly, like NOW! You know this work stuff is interfering with my play time! What a disease this Viper thing is. I feel like a ****** looking for a fix.

GTS Dean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Rick Martino:

Need I say more?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

No, but let me add (emphatically) :

Let's see the VGX try to match those curves....

GTS Dean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ever see *Roadhouse* with Patrick Swayze and Sam Elliott? The fight on the booze loading dock out back? Elliott breaks a guy's knee and deadpans: "D_mn, that hurts don't it?"

Very fitting line here, Joe.

2charmed

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think Black would look AWESOME ! I wouldn't want to have to
take care of it though. And I still don't think it makes much
sense to have two colors on the grey side (Graphite/Silver)
Red, Pearl White, Med. Metalic Blue, Carbon Black (metal flake)
Now were talking!

2Charmed

Frank Parise

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
OK, I know how to settle this. The Comp Coupes are being delivered in primer so the racers can pick any color they want. How about being able to order the SRT-10 in paint-ready primer? At some reasonably reduced cost?

At one of the weaker moments in my life (before Viper ownership)I was about to order a Porsche TT. The dealer told me I could order it painted at the factory any color I wanted so long as I gave them a paint code number. I bought the Viper anyway.

Anyway, I think Joe's color touchups are the most beautiful versions of the SRT-10 I have ever seen. Makes me want to buy four of them: black, blue, green, silver: in that order of preference.

GTS Dean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jerry,

You and Rick have posted pictures that demonstrate clearly why black is THE all-time classic color. The first time my wife followed my '93 black in the Suburban full of kids, we got to my folks' house and she said "We just drove 30 miles looking at your car from all angles. Your car doesn't really have a color, it's more like a shiny, rolling reflection of its surroundings."

Thanks to the Team Viper folks who put such a killer finish on our cars before they leave the factory!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456