who's has used "low profile spring caps?"

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: who\'s has used

Keep in mind you are adversly affecting the final gear ratio by going with a larger diameter tire in the back. However, you probably dont notice a difference.

When i went with the 20 inch rims in the rear and 345x25s i was worried about adversly affecting the final ratio but to my surprise the rears are actually 3/8ths in diameter smaller than the stock wheel and tire package.

Kenny

Viper Owner
Reaction score

I wish someone would come out with a 28" tall drag radial of the proper width to fit an 18" (or larger, preferably) wheel.

Viperfreak2

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I have Michelins (non run flats) in the front. I know, everyone says DO NOT mix tires. The car handles fine.

I know the ratio changed with the bigger tires, but like you said, I can't tell. If anything the car feels 'peppier' maybe because they weigh less than the run flats. I plan on changing to 3.55's soon anyway, so I'll probably end up with 3.50 with this setup.

Racer Robbie

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Does anyone have pics, before and after, from a stock viper with stock wheels and tires? As for springs I have noticed that my early 2003 SRT-10 Viper is a lot stiffer than Yelloh"s yellow 2005 SRT-10 viper and the 2005 rides a lot smoother than mine.
Robbie

Blue Batmobile

Viper Owner
Reaction score

I had mine installed yesterday. I dont notice a difference in ride height, then again I need to take some pics to compare. I do however notice a difference in handling, which is good :) . Thanks JonB at Partsrack for the hookup :2tu: . The drop still isnt enough for me. My Eibach on my 2nd gen dropped the car alittle more than the caps, but Eibach doesnt make them for my 06 coupe, yet.

Bat™