Why don't you like Eibachs?

Viper98912

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've read on here that a few of your are dumping your Eibachs for other setups. Why? Harsh ride quality, bounciness, etc? Comtemplating a set of Eibachs on stock Koni's vs. doing nothing (4x4) vs. the results of the trials of the BC coilovers.

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I never had an issue with them on my former car. It had Eibachs and Motons; was corner balanced and lowered 1/2 rear, 3/4 front and worked well. It is all in the set up. Mark Jorgensen and his merry Viper techs, who installed mine, have vast experience with after market Viper suspension components.

Timnineside

Enthusiast
Reaction score
People are dumping the Eibachs usually because they are ready to fork up the dough for a full suspension. Typically the Eibachs are used to primarily lower the car for looks. I suppose ride and drive ability changes as well but the largest benefit is ride height. I did this until I found my BC racing coilovers but a lot of Viper guys are going with KW, Moton (MCS) and Penske.

-Tim

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do not hear many complaints about the springs, however your choice in shocks will make all the difference on how the springs work out.

Some only want inexpensive shocks so they can lower their car for looks, while others want higher performance shocks for better control and ride comfort.

Mark at Woodhouses seems to be the go to guy for determining which shocks will give you the results you desire.

Stugots879

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have Eibachs and spring caps. I have no complaints regarding the ride. I may pop the caps out in the spring...it looks great, but it's a little too low for my not so nice roads here in New England.

When you install the springs, be sure you crank up the factory Konis for stiffness!!

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
One of the biggest issues with shocks on Vipers is the relatively little (couple inches) amount of travel the rear shocks have to control movement in this very powerful car.

If you look at your shocks, they travel in a very narrow range, and must perform at a very high level to provide both a smooth, and controlled ride.

Most of the lower priced shocks have no hope of providing this level of control. They tend to ride rough, and exhibit a pogo stick effect, even at normal highway speeds. At race tracks this can put even very experienced drivers into the wall. Novice drivers never see it coming.

KW's have a pretty good reputation in the high performance world, but in my 09 they failed to control the rear suspension enough to garner confidence. They felt all bound up, and road rough, and still bounced around on rough corners.

Motons and Penske were the solution to offering great control and ride quality, however they were priced at the top of the market.

The latest Motion Control Suspensions (MCS) are the latest offering for those wanting to both precisely lower their cars, have a great well damped ride, and have a car that hugs the road with great control. Coming around a corner and going full throttle simply launches you down the road with these shocks, even under bumpy conditions.

Priced at just over $3,000 they have become the go to shocks that check all the important boxes, but remain affordable to many.

Serious racers will go even more upscale with remote reservoirs and multiple adjustments, however for those who mainly use their Vipers on the street, but still want occasional track control, these are becoming a great choice.

Reaction score
I have one set of the Gen2 MCS singles on the shelf at this time if you are interested. They move fast so call and I will hold if you want till you decide if they are right for you ;-)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dugger