why I love my Viper

mach4444

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Today is a beautiful south Florida day. Sunny, 75 degrees, perfect for a top off cruise.
during my 35 mile cruise I ran into:

no less then 10 ferraris of all different models
1 veyron
8 lambos including a miura
a carrera gt

and to many other vettes and porsches to even care.

but only 1 VIPER --- mine!

there was a gorgeous black with gold striped ferrari scud with the plate "scud pwr" that sounded wicked. he kept showing up wherever I was cruising.

want to attract a crowd?
Open up the clamshell hood on a gen 2 and let the fun begin.
within 10 minutes there was a crowd gawking over my car.

An older gentlemen in a ferrari california stopped to get a look. he was obviously a gearhead from the questions he was asking. He was amazed by the size of the rear tires and asked if they would "break loose under hard throttle".

I assurred him they would and that with no traction control or nannies you had better be careful. He loved that!

He mentioned how he feels that to many exotics take away the thrill factor by assisting the numbskulls of the world in keeping their cars on the road when in his day they would have ended up in a ditch.

He really understood where the Viper was coming from and why it is the kind of car that requires you to learn to drive properly.

He told me how he sold his cobra because his wife at the time was jeolous of the car. It was a very entertaining talk.
this guy grew up in a time where cobras and jags ruled the streets and the stories were fantastic.

As we parted he said " be smart, don't ever sell that car".

I don't ever see me selling it, maybe adding to my list of cars but never selling my gen 2.

Afterwards I stop to pick up my gf and she says " can we take another car? I don't want to wait on you answering questions when you stop for gas".

We took the Viper anyways. and we got hungup when I stopped for fuel. lol.

It's good to have a gf that understands my addiction...
now about that ACR that I've been thinking about...........

v10enomous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's cold here in North Jersey... about 35 degrees. I took my GTS out for a little spin over to Advance Auto to get a bottle of Stabil for the winter. I walk in and there's like 9 people just staring at me. I purchase the Stabil and head out to the parking lot and dump it in the tank to circulate it a little on the way home. As I get in the car to leave I notice that there's a dozen or so people standing inside and outside of the store waiting to watch me leave the parking lot. I pull out onto the highway and a guy in a light blue 68 GTX in the oncoming lane flashes his high beams and beeps. The car was just running great with the cold air and I think how owning this car is even better than I expected and my expectations were pretty damn high...

musclenutz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
:DKnow the feeling! Everytime i go for a spin,people gather around and want to know what it is,or how much power etc... I usually take the 99 GTS,but it's the same with the 94 RT/10...I love my Vipers!

swexlin

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Concur wholeheartedly with this thread. Had mine out in the cold (38*) yesterday myself. Had to be very careful with the tires, but I was at a C&C with some F-car and P-car guys who also love American muscle. I think the key words are "car guys". Every car, whether it's and F430, or an SRT10, or a HemiCuda has it's own unique personality.

The Viper is unique in the world.

audiowhiz

Viper Owner
Reaction score
:D it takes an extra 15 minutes just to pump gas in mine because I have to stop and talk to people around me about my SRT while they are pumping their own gas.

LaViper

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
:omg: :nono: Be carefull, You may not have noticed, but you were given a "Warning" by gf.:crazy2: I'm sure I'm older than you, but have suffered because I didn't reconize the fact some gf's feel intimidated with the attention a Viper (Or any other car) brings. If she becomes "Wife" she may demand the car/toys go. :omg:Be carefull, you're in Danger.:nono: :rolleyes:

zoomie

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
:omg: :nono: Be carefull, You may not have noticed, but you were given a "Warning" by gf.:crazy2: I'm sure I'm older than you, but have suffered because I didn't reconize the fact some gf's feel intimidated with the attention a Viper (Or any other car) brings. If she becomes "Wife" she may demand the car/toys go. :omg:Be carefull, you're in Danger.:nono: :rolleyes:

Warning - rofl.. women who feel they have to - or can't -
'compete' with... a CAR ???

Viktimize

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If she becomes "Wife" she may demand the car/toys go. :omg:Be carefull, you're in Danger.:nono: :rolleyes:

That is an opportunity in disguise. It is an easy way to determine a keeper from a waste of time. Any woman who would expect you to give up a passion of yours for her, instead of just enjoying it with you, is no keeper at all. Being ***** whipped is no good for any man. :nono:

v10enomous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That is an opportunity in disguise. It is an easy way to determine a keeper from a waste of time. Any woman who would expect you to give up a passion of yours for her, instead of just enjoying it with you, is no keeper at all. Being ***** whipped is no good for any man. :nono:

Run for your life :panic:

Great Advice... Don't learn the hard way like I did and probably some others here...

OP
OP
M

mach4444

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Way past the point in life where marriage is even considered. been there done that when I was 21 and learned my lesson...... any woman who knows me, knows my passion is my viper and to NOT get in between..lol

viper067

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Guess I have a keeper when she asks if we can take the Viper to go to lunch .... or goes into the Harley store to ask if they can recommend anyone who paints helmets

viper67wife

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Guess I have a keeper when she asks if we can take the Viper to go to lunch .... or goes into the Harley store to ask if they can recommend anyone who paints helmets

Or buys you 2 seat lowering kits so you and the instructor have better days at the track? We won't even mention that whole first Viper ride...

jman2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My "Boss" does'nt like my viper, it gives her motion sickness haaaaaaaaaaaa so i get to enjoy all by myself :p

Bird325

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Found out that MY Boss was OK with the Snake at 115 mph with her putting on lipstick! She's one in a million and will always stand behind me and my cars ... EXCEPT when it bites into the savings too much. Any time you have that feeling in the back of your mind that it's either 'me or the car', run away as fast as you can! She may not have the same passion, but she should understand it.