Why we viper owners get the cold shoulder alot of times from other "sport" car owners

HLANDIS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Did some research and found out why alot of Viper owners get the cold shoulder from other "sport" car owners. Got interested in this topic from another thread I read a few weeks ago. Take a look, you will understandd much better!!

Viper SRT-10 (Viperidae)
The Vipers are a family of venomous Supercars found all over the world. All have very large fangs and venom glands, some up to 8.4L that permit deep *********** and injection of venom into its victim. Four subfamilies are currently recognized. They are referred to as GEN I, GEN II, GEN III AND GEN IV. Recently a new subfamily category has been added and is referred to as GEN V. This GEN V may prove to be the most venomous of all Vipers yet. More studies are needed to understand this new subfamily. They must be undertaken with extreme caution understanding the deadly nature of its predecessors. These elite “Super” machines are commonly known as “Vipers” or “Snakes”.
Experiments have shown that these Snakes are capable of injecting venom of various amounts from its massive, 8.4 liter venom gland, depending on the circumstances. In all cases, the most important determinant of venom expenditure is generally the size of the Viper SRT-10’s venom gland, with larger modified specimens being capable of delivering much more venom. This modified species of Viper SRT-10 is also important, since some are likely to inject more venom than others, may have more venom available, or deliver a larger number of bites in a short space of time usually within 10-11 seconds and within a ¼ mile. In predatory bites, (one of the most common for this aggressive species) factors that influence the amount of venom injected include the size of the prey, the species of prey, and whether the prey item is held or released, usually referred to as a pink slip or money. In defensive bites, normally used at red light situations where the antagonist is not familiar with the Viper SRT-10 or its deadly venom, the amount of venom injected may be determined by the size or species of the antagonist, as well as the assessed level of threat. Although larger antagonists and higher threat levels may not necessarily lead to larger amounts of venom being injected due to the toxicity of the venom produced.
Viper SRT-10 venom typically contain an abundance of competitor-degrading enzymes, that produce symptoms such as pain, strong swelling, cardiovascular damage, and well documented cases of severe neurologic complications. Death is normally always caused by the mind blowing speed at which the Vipers venom reacts to its prey after the victim has been bitten.
Due to the nature of Viper SRT-10’s venom, a Viper bite is often a very painful experience and should always be taken seriously. Even with prompt and proper treatment by a licensed psychologist, a bite can still result in a permanent scar to the victims mental abilities, and in the worst cases, the affected prey may even have to be euthanized by its owner, resulting in further mental anguish. A victim's fate depends on many factors, including (but not limited to) the size and modifications, if any, of the snakes 8.4L venom gland, how much venom was injected, and the size and condition of the prey before being bitten. Viper SRT-10 bite survivors, though they are very rare, may also become allergic to the venom and may never again have the ability approach a Viper in its natural habitat without total loss of all bodily functions.
DISCLAIMER:
**It is in our professional opinion that this species of Viper, if encountered be shown full respect and given its place at the top of the food chain as it so rightly deserves. Any antagonist actions toward the Viper SRT-10 may result in severe life threating complications, including death of the antagonist. Approach this beast at your own risk.**
REFERENCES:
Ronald Landis Jr, Owner, 2008 Viper SRT-10 Convertible 2012. Factors that influence venom expenditure in Vipers during predatory and defensive contexts., Vipers of SRT. “Viper filled Mind”. Ronald “Ronny” Landis, Madisonville, LA 2012.
:D

mattdillon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Why we viper owners get the cold shoulder alot of times from other "sport" car ow

Ronny (I know you're still a Newbie) but you are putting waaaaaaay too much thought into this! jmo

OP
OP
H

HLANDIS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Why we viper owners get the cold shoulder alot of times from other "sport" car ow

I know, but fun though!! What the hell! Sittin around the house on Sunday, Moms happy, all is good!!

Austin

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Ronny (I know you're still a Newbie) but you are putting waaaaaaay too much thought into this! jmo
^This. Also, who cares what owners of other sports cars, or any other car for that matter, thinks.

Austin

Enthusiast
Reaction score

BTW, just be happy you're able to own such a car.

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I don't get the cold shoulder. In 13 years of ownership I only remember one time. Some guy walked by, pointed to a Mustang and said "I'd rather have that." Didn't bother me in the least. I didn't seek anyone's approval to buy my Vipers anyway so why would I care what anyone else thought?

TonyCool

Viper Owner
Reaction score

I enjoyed the read :) Good job:2tu:

OP
OP
H

HLANDIS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

REALLY??? Come on! Lighten up out there! Just for fun! Go ahead take another read with a little levity this time!! Sure you will enjoy it much more! :)

ninjakris

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I recently went to a very high end car show where my 03' was probably the least desirable car out there (to most people). There were lambo's, aston martins, F-cars, Ford GT's, even an Enzo. It was interesting that I would go up and talk to the owners and they would definetly give me a cold shoulder at first when I was asking about their car's. However, when they realized that I was the owner of the viper, their attitudes changed. They were all very friendly. The guy with the Aston even let me start it up and rev it a couple times. I kind of figure that they brushed me off because of my age, but at least they respected the viper.

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Welcome and thanks for the entertainment.

OP
OP
H

HLANDIS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Noticed the same thing here! Thought I would have some fun with it! Never thought of the age thing maybe thats it. More fun to think its the car though right!

OP
OP
H

HLANDIS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I recently went to a very high end car show where my 03' was probably the least desirable car out there (to most people). There were lambo's, aston martins, F-cars, Ford GT's, even an Enzo. It was interesting that I would go up and talk to the owners and they would definetly give me a cold shoulder at first when I was asking about their car's. However, when they realized that I was the owner of the viper, their attitudes changed. They were all very friendly. The guy with the Aston even let me start it up and rev it a couple times. I kind of figure that they brushed me off because of my age, but at least they respected the viper.

Noticed the same thing. Never though of the age thing, maybe thats it! More fun to think its the car though right?!

SlayerLS1

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I've noticed a similar trend with high end car owners. But I don't exactly blame them. There may be some that are just snobs, but I don't think that's really the reason most of them act that way. After owning a rare car for awhile, you become used to people running up to you and asking all about it. A lot of them say the dumbest things, put their hands all over it, etc. As much as I try to be friendly to everyone, I can see those types getting a little old eventually. If someone has a high end car, they are much more likely to understand the work that goes into being able to afford it, they are more likely to respect your car, etc, etc, etc. I'm not saying all Ferrari owners are worth talking to, and I'm not saying I have no interest in talking to someone with a normal vehicle....just saying those are the trends.

That said, I do my best to share the happiness I get out of this car with everyone. Especially kids.

F

FrgMstr

Did some research and found out why alot of Viper owners get the cold shoulder from other "sport" car owners.

I think it is most likely due to some of us acting like pricks. Yep, I am pretty sure that is it.

OP
OP
H

HLANDIS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Thats funny. I know I have only been a member for about 5 months now, but I have yet to meet any owners that have been anything but friendly, easy going, enthusiast. Please share with us who those pricks are! You must have run into some somewhere right? Dont want to get involved with that group!! Sorry you had that experience! Well on the lighter side, make sure you read that post again and again and again, may make you feel a little better:) I know Mondays **** for me also!!

TexasTorred

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Met up at a light next to a Lambo (Gallado) yesterday ....love that orange pearl........Spoke to the guy (my vert's top was down) as we waited for the light to change...... He was complimenting the Viper the whole time......as I returned the compliment about his car.

BTW--Damn, those things sound nice (and loud).......

Ok, back on topic........There will always be all kinds of people. I just attended a local show and the other Viper owners couldn't have been friendlier and just good people to visit with.

greg

OP
OP
H

HLANDIS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Agree 100%, as it should be. Thats a little closer to what I would expect from Texas:)

Camfab

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Last edited:
OP
OP
H

HLANDIS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

BTW, TexasTorred are you going to the Mid-South club run in the OK/AR MTNS next weekend? Dont think its that far from you.

OP
OP
H

HLANDIS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Just looked it up, maybe so, about 200 miles+/-

viper67wife

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I will admit that a Ferrari guy warmed up to me this weekend when he realized I actually knew 1) our engine isn't stock 2) what mods were done to it and 3) what our current HP is to the real wheel, thank you very much. I've come to the conclusion that Ferrari wives either don't know or don't care enough to show up to anything.

Diane

Jeffsss

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I've found that the viper is one of those rare cars that nearly everyone likes.... it's domestic yet exotic.

OP
OP
H

HLANDIS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I've found that the viper is one of those rare cars that nearly everyone likes.... it's domestic yet exotic.

Thats right, love that about this car. You think exotic car most normally think European. American EXOTIC muscle!(with a littel input from Lambo). Viper combines the best of both worlds exotic yet full of pure brute strength!

DMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Hmm, just saw this thread, yea I've only been rec'd with love & respect out there, well my Vipers anyway.

In fact as much as I like to tease Vette guys about pinky rings & necklaces, the majority of track events I go to are Vette events. A lot of those guys track their cars, in fact I don't think I know any Viper owner that goes to the track, I'm always alone out there, and the Vette guys are always wonderful, even been invited several times in the competition sessions even though it's not a Vette. Porsche has been same way, and I had a couple Ferrari guys give major props just last year at an event, which I gave right back for them to be tracking those pieces of art.

slysnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I've been to a few car shows now. I have only been to one where there was another Viper. Went to talk to the guy. Talk about the cold shoulder! He was a real a$$. Guys at the club meetings are all great, however.

HyperViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score

HLANDIS sent you a PM

tcsracing1

Viper Owner
Reaction score

the reason why viper owners get the cold shoulder:

1. the high sticker price ( more $$ than vettes, mustangs, camaros etc... makes it appear like it is a car reserved for the elite with more money)
2. two seater gas guzzler. (the tree huggers hate us and practical people think 2 seaters are a total waste of money with no real purpose other than show)
3. massive power (the foreign car crowd look at vipers as crude american iron, kinda like a harley davidson vs. a sport bike.)

Funny thing is, this is EXACTLY why i own one :)

Dom426h

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I did not read the original post or any comments but will add that my Personal experience is the OPPOSITE of the title of this thread.

One thing i have noticed though is that most other sportscarowners will treat you how you treat them.
...So if you have issues with others then take alook in the mirror.

Even if someone does initially give me the cold shoulder i sometimes go out of my way to be friendly to them especially if i am interested in their car.

J.Leno said it best..."Some guys use their car to meet women", "I use my car to meet other cars"
I'll also add that with the right attitude, the amount of friends & connections you can gain from this hobby is PRICELESS:2tu:

OP
OP
H

HLANDIS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Take a moment to read it, think you may enjoy it! Just good ol' enthusiast fun!:)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Drock187