Will The V Significantly Drop The IV

TR930

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm going to respectfully disagree with this part. The Gen4 is still a drivers car. The Gen5 will have nannies and I think that will appeal to some of the pussyfied drivers of P-cars/F-cars. People that wanted one of the meanest car's ever, but were afraid of them, will be able to buy without fear of lack of driving skills.
I disagree with your disagreement. Alot of guys buy these cars and know nothing more than where to put the gas in. Lamborghini, Ferrari and Porsche are pedigree cars. Viper is still just a Dodge (Fiat).

shooter_t1

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
I disagree with your disagreement. Alot of guys buy these cars and know nothing more than where to put the gas in. Lamborghini, Ferrari and Porsche are pedigree cars. Viper is still just a Dodge (Fiat).

I agree with your disagreeing of the previous disagreement. A lot of people are posers and just want the rep that comes with a pedigreed car. While Viper has an awesome "racing pedigree" it is not as storied as the F-cars.

viperbilliam

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think the Gen4 prices will come down a bit when the
Gen5 comes out. Its simple economics. A large % of the people sitting in Gen4's
right now are the ones with the means to purchase a Gen5. My guess is that
atleast 25% of Gen4 owners will be considering purchasing a Gen5. Another guess
is that 75% of the 1st year Gen5 Vipers will be purchased by current or previous
vipers owners.

Viper owners buy Vipers. I dont see this new Gen lurring any "new" costomer
base. A Viper is a Viper and it'll always be that way reguardless of what the
government mandates or how the car is marketed. If the Porsche/Lambo/Ferrari
drivers didnt make a move to the Gen4 then i dont see them making a move to the
Gen5.
I disagree with this. Dodge is looking to hit a homerun with the Gen V in order to justify the business case to continue the Viper. The sales numbers in the last several years have been pretty dismal. The current Viper market as described above won't cut it. They have to get new customers. I'm hoping they do and watch Gen IV prices drop more so I can more easily pick one up and then a few years later get into a sorted out Gen V. :D

TR930

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Let's face it, only a very limited number of people will shell out 100k for a "Dodge" anything. If they want new customers, the car will have to be cheaper. The performance trend seems to be smaller displacement with turbos or S/C to increase performance/efficiency.
Each Viper is an incredible "low tech" performance bargain so I think there will always be a level of appeal in all Vipers. I think it is the most beautiful car I have ever owned, and the most powerful and exclusive. I think the true value will bear out over time as we see the direction of cars and the future of U.S. Automakers.

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Let's face it, only a very limited number of people will shell out 100k for a "Dodge" anything. If they want new customers, the car will have to be cheaper. The performance trend seems to be smaller displacement with turbos or S/C to increase performance/efficiency.
Each Viper is an incredible "low tech" performance bargain so I think there will always be a level of appeal in all Vipers. I think it is the most beautiful car I have ever owned, and the most powerful and exclusive. I think the true value will bear out over time as we see the direction of cars and the future of U.S. Automakers.

There is no way the Gen V is going to be cheaper than Gen IV's.

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
prices are going up..2 years ago was easy to find a 03 for 37k and a 08 for 58k...Ebay was flooded with them. I looked a few days ago and their wernt many for sale and the 03 was 39-47K and the 08 was 65-75K. Much improved. Considering a 2008 was 85-90K 3 years ago and is still hovering around 70K is amazeing.

A 2008 Z06 is worth around 50K to put it in perspective.

GTR is also doing well. expect 65-72K for a 2008 that stickered at 82K..

happy 2009 is over. That was a horrible time to sell a sports car.

Also the supercharged gen3's with basic paxtons are in the 45-50K zone. Good to see these guys gettin a lil money back. usually a supercharged car is lucky to get stock prices.

Cobraken

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The answer is yes. So sell me your car now for the price you will get for it later and save yourself the heartache over the depreciation your Viper will suffer. I don't buy cars over the speculation what they might be worth in the future. For all I know internal combustion fueled by fossil fuels will be outlawed sometime in our life. That would make these cars only worth what the material salvage is.