Will VOI be televised?

J DAWG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just wanted to know if in the past Speed or ESPN has covered VOI in anyway. Especially the drag racing.

Viperrick

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It would be great if they did but up til now non have had coverage. I guess they think it would be too small a market to cater to. It's all about advertizing revenue and viewer numbers. With so many people interested in Vipers you would think that there would be a better chance at attracting some good viewership numbers. I know that there are some shows on cable which cater to antique car shows and tests of older cars. I wonder if they would consider a VOI event as being signifigant.

Wing King

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Actually, ALL of the relevant automotive press HAS been invited to the Wednesday drag event, plus local Bowling Green radio and TV stations within a 50 mile radius. I think quite a few ARE planning to attend. Also, DC will have its own film crew there.

I can tell you that Viper Headquarters and Dodge worked very hard to try to complete a deal that would have had certain venues at VOI broadcast LIVE on radio and TV's "Car Clinic Network" nationally, but everyone just ran out of time to get it done. I've got a GOOD feeling that if we get a VOI.8, it can happen next time.

In the meantime, Bobby Likis, host of the Car Clinic Network and a proud Viper owner himself, WILL be spending the entire day with us on Wednesday at the drags. Be sure to meet him and say hello.
smile.gif

viper GTS-R

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Guys go for it!That would be so cool to see that on TV!If anything let it be a live show.I really hate waiting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrengine