Wind Baffle Visor Baffle report

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Had some longish trips coming up, so thought I would try out the wind baffle and Visor Baffle for my SRT. Results were good and bad.

First the good. The units function as advertised.

First I ran with just the baffle between the visors. They kept the visors from flipping down at speed, and blocked the sun that sneeks in between the visors. Made the cockpit quieter, and blocked some of the sun. 1 min install.

Next put on the rear lexan wind blocker between the two sport hoops. Also easy install (about 5 min). Putting on the velcro straps took most of the time. Neat restraining teather keeps the possibility of loosing the blocker remote. This also greatly reduced the wind in the cockpit. Interior much calmer and quieter. Running the windows up also cut down more wind. Still got a little blowing in over my left shoulder. All in all they function as advertised.

Do not put much stock in performance or downforce claims. Believe most performance runs will be done with top up, or with aftermarket hardtop for additional safety.

Now the bad. The visor looks a bit aftermarket. I understand I got an early run, and that better material is in the works. While easy to put on and remove, the center visor must be removed when putting the top up or down. Not a biggie, but still would be better if the center strap was not required.

The rear baffle is of high quality lexan, as opposed to cheaper, and less durable plexiglass. It has a optional rubber strip piece that fits on the bottom that looks good, but the top was a little rough, and could use a better polish on the upper edge. Thought I would have a glare problem, but it was not noticed on my initial runs.

I ran with them over 100 mph on my private closed track ; >) and they did not even flutter.

All in all they do as they claim. Make the interior quieter, less windy, and a lot easier to take on long top down trips. Some quality improvements are necessary to bring them up to OEM appearance.

HiYoSilver

Enthusiast
Reaction score
For all Viper owners who prefer Unlimited HEAD ROOM:

Many thanks for your comments both + and -, Paul.

We have changed our production techniques accordingly.

1. The production Visor Baffle is made of a more substantial material.

2. The Viper Baffle is now 5/8 inch taller to better match the rollbar height with or without the bottom vinyl trim edge.

3. AND all edges are carefully polished.

4. The claims of increased downforce and performance are not from us.

Finally here is a photo of the Visor Baffle (and Viper Baffle on rollbars)
You must be registered for see images

Thanks again Paul. Bob