Windbaffle Anyone

vegas guy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The one I saw attached to the sport hoops with Velcro...It looked like S#*T on a white chicken, IMO........

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes, I had it on all of last summer. It does change the wind inside (now blows a little forward) and made my wife happier.

Alas, I am not planning on installing it this year so that I get a good comparison. Maybe for the drive to LV, if I go.

Racer Robbie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
if you remove your sun visors it makes a huge difference and you may not want the baffle. the visors are causing the wind buffiting.

Reaction score
if you remove your sun visors it makes a huge difference and you may not want the baffle. the visors are causing the wind buffiting.

I removed my sun visors because when I turned up the speed (visors up), the visors would slam down and scare the sh_t out of me.

OP
OP
Z

zen garage

Enthusiast
Reaction score
my visors are removed. I just happened to notice the windbaffle banner at the top of the screen, hence the question.

as a side note: visors can cause serious bodily injury. I own a car rental company and see alot of accidents. Some idiot brought a sebring back with 5g in front end damage yesterday. The steering wheel was folded in half, the driver visor was mangled and his forehead was worse. Airbags did not deploy. Do you think he was wearing his seatbelt.

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
most people i talk to dont like the wind baffle. but chuck is right, you can make one up at home depot for next to nothing. but i wouldnt get one.

you bought a convertible....its supposed to be windy !!!

ViperRay

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think the cockpit is relatively calm compared to other convertibles I have owned.

Any less wind and I think it would get too hot.

VIPER D

Viper Owner
Reaction score
most people i talk to dont like the wind baffle. but chuck is right, you can make one up at home depot for next to nothing. but i wouldnt get one.

you bought a convertible....its supposed to be windy !!!

hey some people with wigs might want to keep them in place. wind and wigs don't mix :p

vd..

OP
OP
Z

zen garage

Enthusiast
Reaction score
hell I saw the windbaffle banner at the top of this stinkin page and now you are sayiing I am bald. I cant get any respect!

HiYoSilver

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Windbaffle used in tandom with the Sun Visor Bridge filters out over 80% of wind turbulence by deflecting airflow over the cockpit AND blocking backdraft. (Guaranteed)
Both are made of clear unbreakable mar-resistent Lexan-MR. (It is the same expensive hi-quality material used in jet and race car windshields.)
The mounting is available with clear Vinyl straps or black Velcro straps - your choice.
A security tether is also included with the WB.

Note that clear wind blockers are used in nearly all roadsters and convertibles. Porsche, M-B, Audi, Lexus, Nissan,.....

Midgetfist

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Windbaffle used in tandom with the Sun Visor Bridge filters out over 80% of wind turbulence by deflecting airflow over the cockpit AND blocking backdraft. (Guaranteed)

Here's my technique: I put up my top, roll up my windows, and sit in the garage (door down of course) to filter out 100% of wind turbulence. (Guranteed)

Oh yeah, I also pull my hat over my ears :nana:

Racer Robbie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
By the way Chuck, thank you for your input regarding alignment specs. Also I will be cancelling my appointment with the dealer that we spoke about and making one with you in the near future.
Robbie

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you didn't already discover the difference, in an RT if you remove the top and the rear window, there is far LESS turbulence than if you leave the rear window in.

I'm still not sure why folks mind the wind. Like others have noted, it's a damn muscle roadster! Wind "baffling" is akin to auto transmissions and cup holders IMO. I hear that the wind scalp message stimulates hair growth anyway. ;)

Dawg2Snake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone have this on their car? Does it work. How does it look?

It works. But it's ugly and causes a mild night glare. I have one that I'll give away - but it would be a major pain in the rear to ship it. Anyone in AZ want it? Besides, I have a coupe now...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang