Window Getting Stuck Gen 2

Brilly

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
First, I did some homework before posting. Regulator is fine, switch is working and white plastic slider is not broken. I found the issue and it seems to be minor but I can not seem to fix it.
There are two metal tracks on both ends of the window that the glass slides between its grooves. Wrapped inside those metal tracks there are these plastic inserts that form a groove along the metal track so the glass is not on metal. Upon rolling the window down the window is getting behind this plastic insert and pushing it to the side some how and not going in between its groove. Anyone got any ideas?

Attachments

• BA8630E2-722E-436B-8502-DF73ED0CED82.jpeg
    BA8630E2-722E-436B-8502-DF73ED0CED82.jpeg
    93.8 KB · Views: 17
OP
OP
Brilly

Brilly

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

This is from the top looking down. The arrow shows the plastic channel the window keeps getting hung up on when it’s rolled down. Is there a way to adjust the window inward or outward?

OP
OP
Brilly

Brilly

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
I was able to fix it myself so I’ll post some pictures and description in case someone else runs into this issue. The plastic strip that forms the track on the front side of the glass to retract into was catching on the window when it went down. The plastic track is ******* onto the metal track frame by two bolts. The plastic track got bent at the top so once the window went down an inch it would jam. All I had to do was cut a piece of the plastic and re-fasten it to the metal track. Greased everything up while I had the side panel off. Pictures are limited since 98% of the work required my arm to be bent up through the speaker cutout.
You must be registered for see images attach

Attachments

• 00D0068E-E50E-4830-8F34-FE1D1AA0F17C.jpeg
    00D0068E-E50E-4830-8F34-FE1D1AA0F17C.jpeg
    62.1 KB · Views: 8

Dan Cragin

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Use weatherstrip adhesive to glue it back in, then use safety wire where the staples were used previously to fasten the guide to the track.

OP
OP
Brilly

Brilly

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Thanks Dan, yes I used weatherstrip adhesive to glue it back in. I didn’t use safety wire but next time I have the panel off I will add that as well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper