Window Sticker Collection

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fursty

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I am collecting jpg images of Viper window stickers from all years/models. Could you please send a picture of your window sticker to me? PM me and I will get you my e-mail.

When this is done, I will make them available to all.

Fursty

OP
OP
F

Fursty

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Oh, I want the info because I am an engineer by training and engineers like to collect data. :)

What I am really trying to do is compile and organize all of the information I can on Vipers so when someone asks me about them someday I can say "Well here, I will print this packet out for you and here is everything you ever wanted to know."

Also, they will be a collector's item someday and that sort of information tends to get lost over time.

So, I guess the value is to me. Maybe not someone else, but I bet someone that collects 1960s Challengers would love to have access to that sort of information for their collection.

Also, when I bought my car, I didn't have access to all of the information together, price, build info, colors, etc. I was able to dig it up on the VCA website and others, but I had to piece it together because there are gaps. It would have been nice if someone could have said "Hey, you're looking to buy a viper? Well, here is the powerpoint presentation or website or whatever and every picture, information, etc you might need to know is on here." I will have to say that the dodgeviperhistoricalsociety.com is on the way to accomplishing that info as well.

Fursty

LifeIsGood

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just another thing you guys do that makes no sense to me.....

LOL...I have to agree here. ~juli

What about it don't you get? Some of us who bought used, didn't get a window sticker. The reason that I would like one is that it is a part of the history of my viper. I am a very detailed person. I have all of the window stickers for each of my automobiles that were purchased new...I also have all of the maintenance records for each of them. It makes them easier to sell, although I don't plan on ever selling my viper...whomever gets it when I pass will have an easier time selling it. I also have the dealer brochure, two owner's manuals and all of the service manuals for my viper...it's just who I am.

OP
OP
F

Fursty

Viper Owner
Reaction score
So, Ken, is a jpg of your window sticker on the way to my e-mail?

Fursty

SylvanSRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
fyi with a VIN and coperation from someone at a Dodge dealership or access to the Dodge database you can have keys cut to a car....

no one here would do that though.......

LifeIsGood

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What? I could also rob a bank with cooperation from the right people at a bank...and I wouldn't even need an account. Could you please clarify. You do realize that your VIN is posted on your car for everyone/anyone to see...right.
fyi with a VIN and coperation from someone at a Dodge dealership or access to the Dodge database you can have keys cut to a car....

no one here would do that though.......

Last edited:

SylvanSRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
yes i do realize that the VIN is rt there in the corner of the window. And i am not saying or do not know that someone on this board would use that information improperly. But i am saying that there is a potential with that information. ok maybe i am a little paranoid

OP
OP
F

Fursty

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I really don't care about the VIN. Was just wanting the sticker build and price info.

Also, I don't know much about Challengers. So, I guess my years are off a bit.

LifeIsGood

Enthusiast
Reaction score

What value did this post add to the thread? It's a comment that a person makes to themselves, not to an entire forum. When you read a thread and have this type of reaction, you should just move on to another thread...not leave your negative remarks and run...It is definitely negative...I read it as saying/meaning...

'Just another thing that you idiots, that are below me, do that makes no sense to those of us with a higher intellect and intelligence.'

Kmrumedy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm with Plum! Some others have posted similar posts on other forums for other highend cars. They were kicked off right away. They all turned out to be scammers. This request is just too weird.

You guys are way too trusting.

LifeIsGood

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm with Plum! Some others have posted similar posts on other forums for other highend cars. They were kicked off right away. They all turned out to be scammers. This request is just too weird.

You guys are way too trusting.

Where do I begin?

First, you state that you're with Plum. Plum's post stated that he's too stupid to understand why people want window stickers for their vipers. Your post states that your scared of something, but you weren't very specific.

Second, you state that they ALL turned out to be scammers. You're telling me that in every automobile forum in the world and for every thread in those forums that were asking for window stickers...they were all scammers. Wow, here's one that isn't a scam...2001 RT/10 Window Sticker, so let's just agree that you're wrong about that.

Third, here is a handy dictionary entry you are probably familiar with:

paranoia   [par-uh-noi-uh]

1. baseless or excessive suspicion of the motives of others.

We're talking about window stickers, not Social Security Numbers, no bank account numbers, not credit card numbers...What information is on a window sticker that causes you such paranoia...I'm assuming your objection is with the VIN number being on the window sticker :dunno: ...as I've stated in a previous post..you know, your VIN is posted on your car for everyone/anyone to see.

97GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just my $.02 but I applaud the guy for his efforts. I didn't get a window sticker for my 97 GTS and would like one just for the hell of it. If you don't want to be a part of this then don't. But don't hammer the guy. Plum we get enough of that over at the Alley.

Ron

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
...you know, your VIN is posted on your car for everyone/anyone to see.

You are partially correct. Not everyone leaves their car for others to see it, outside of a Viper rally function or other car enthusiast type setting. Myself? Yeah, I park it at Wal-Mart, the office, and all kinds of places where I constantly see people hanging over it. But that is a choice I make to let others near my car. You can easily enjoy your car and choose not to let others near it.

bluequadcab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know of people who lost theirs in natural disasters. I for one didn't buy the the car new and would love to have a copy of one. Anyone afraid of giving the VIN number could just cover that part in the picture, as the guy states he doesn't care about the VIN. I would love to have a window sticker copy of my Gen one if it was accurate as to the specifics of the vehicle other than the actual build date and VIN. Many Viperholics collect anything Viper. If the guy is able to produce what he wants to, I would purchase one.

Last edited:

LifeIsGood

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Okay, I give up...I'll stop trying to find a window sticker for my 2001 RT/10. I didn't realize they were so protected. I am very new to the viper ownership world, but I'm more afraid of my viper being keyed than being stolen. I've only heard of 1 viper being stolen since I joined the VCA last year, and it was when some punk broken into the guys house, found the keys and drove it away and wrecked it. I guess protecting those window stickers is working!

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just my .02 here, but I think what's getting lost in translation is EACH of you is wanting YOUR OWN WINDOW STICKER for your Viper...perfectly understandable~!!!! BUT, for someone to 'collect' window stickers for his own data, is just a bit uncomfortable to me. I don't believe this had ANYTHING to do with anybody getting THEIR OWN STICKER for their Viper...that is certainly understandable. ~juli
And, to stick up for Plum, he's actually been more HELPFUL towards others than negative, another of my own .02.

LifeIsGood

Enthusiast
Reaction score

LOL...I have to agree here. :dunno: ~juli

So Juli, please 'splain to me how these comments are being helpful? My feeling is that you came into this thread, didn't agree with what was going on, sh*t on it with your comments and moved on...why wouldn't you just move on, why comment at all?...except that you probably have a comment in every thread created since you've joined.

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So Juli, please 'splain to me how these comments are being helpful? My feeling is that you came into this thread, didn't agree with what was going on, sh*t on it with your comments and moved on...why wouldn't you just move on, why comment at all?...except that you probably have a comment in every thread created since you've joined.

LOL...that's pretty funny...but everyone knows I didn't start posting as soon as we joined. :D It's a free country...if you don't agree with my comments, that's fine...I don't have to agree with yours either. But, we can AGREE to DISAGREE, and still get along. I don't have to give my reasons for PRIVACY issues, and why this bothered me personally. There's usually reasons. See, here ya added to my post count again!
THANK YOU! :cool: ~juli

LifeIsGood

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't have to give my reasons for PRIVACY issues, and why this bothered me personally. There's usually reasons. See, here ya added to my post count again!
THANK YOU! :cool: ~juli

Look, your original post in this thread was that you agreed with plumcrazy in that you don't understand why someone would want window stickers for vipers. He stated that 'it doesn't make sense'. Is that your real opinion? You don't know why viper owners want the window stickers to their vipers? You are at a loss to know why someone would want the window sticker for their viper...really? I have no idea what you mean by privacy issues. Could you be a little more vague?

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Look, your original post in this thread was that you agreed with plumcrazy in that you don't understand why someone would want window stickers for vipers. He stated that 'it doesn't make sense'. Is that your real opinion? You don't know why viper owners want the window stickers to their vipers? You are at a loss to know why someone would want the window sticker for their viper...really? I have no idea what you mean by privacy issues. Could you be a little more vague?

Look, Ken, I have no quarrel with you. :cool: Please read my post again, #24. This is the last post on this subject from me. I AGREE with people getting THEIR OWN WINDOW STICKERS...not someone COLLECTING EVERYONE's window stickers for data purposes. Over and out...juli

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Simmer down everyone. We had some thoughts about this when it started. Someone wanting his own window sticker or a reasonable copy is very understandable. Someone wanting ALL the years is interesting as a collection UNLESS the intent is to make copies and then market them with the possible consequence that the eventual purcahser might mis represent the car, make it an ACR instead of a GTS for example.
I don't THINK Fursty is into manufacturing and selling reproduction window stickers, but if he was he would not get any help here, we would shut that down as we have before.
Remember you can get a copy of your window sticker through the VCA but there is a limit on how far back you can go year wise. Check the thread in the VCA forum.
For someone who really wants a copy of his own sticker but it's too old for the VCA process, start being a detective like the old VETT guys.
Work backwards till you find the original owner and the original dealer. Use the DMV databases.
The original owner usually has the window sticker in an old file somewhere. The Vette guys are still finding them from the 60's.

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Really. CalmTF down. Not that I should give lessons on that. :rolleyes:

But saying you think an idea is silly should not be thought of as an act of war.

Unless of course you're like me and wait for these moments.

So shaddup and get me my sticker.

:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
techanvi