Wiper Arm adjustment?

kblake905

Viper Owner
Reaction score
On my 2004 Convertible the drivers side windshield arm travels 6 inches past the window moulding even though at rest the arm is just above the cowl.
I cannot find any adjustment for this...is it adjustable??? Is the wiper motor adjustible or has it been installed incorrectly. I do not know if it has been replaced in the past. Thanks for any ideas.

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Pull the small black plastic cover off of the top of your problem wiper blade. Loosen the nut (13 mm I think). Pull the wiper arm up a bit so that you can rotate it and then return it to its proper position so that the wiper blade end of the blade lines up with a straight, dark line marked into the windshield. Tighten the nut. Be careful not to over tighten it. Push the small plastic cover over the nut.

Good luck,

Dan

OP
OP
K

kblake905

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply, but the wiper is in the proper position at rest.....it appears (to me anyways) that the arm under the nut holding the wiper arm is too long causing an 110 degree arc instead of a desired 95 degree sweep.
The part# on the wiper arm is the correct Viper part#???

OP
OP
K

kblake905

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Yes, the nut is tight, the wiper stops in the right position. I try to avoid driving in the rain, but it is annoying when I do get caught....
I don't know if the passenger side travels too far, but that side is not an issue if it travels too far???

Big Al

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Kim There is a left and a right wiper blade, two different lenghts. It almost sounds like you have too long a blade. It is late now but if you want I can measure mine in the morning for you compare.

You have my card, we exchanged them at the annual meeting.

Alan

OP
OP
K

kblake905

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hi Alan;
The longer one is on the passenger side, its worse if you reverse them....(I tried that) It seems like the arc created by the arm is too large, it appears to be rivited to the arm although there is an extra hole which would produce a smaller arc (I think) but I don't see how I can take it apart.....

Big Al

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Oh well. I thought it would be a cheap repair. Driver's side 16 inches and pass side 19. I don't know what to suggest. Good luke.

Tony2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There are windshield wippers on these? Heh I have never even used mine other than hitting the stalk the odd time when I am cleaning the car. Sorry nothing relevant to add here just thought about it and if I have ever used mine.

Good luck and be sure to let everyone else know wat the fix is in case we use ours eventually and have the same issue!

:2tu:

Tony2

bluesrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
someone may have stuck a differant year or wrong size refill blade on thier

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Sounds like somebody stuck the wrong size blade on your car as stated above.

Good luck.

PacificSEASnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you have the correct wiper arm, then only cause is it is out of adjustment.

1. Cycle motor to park position.
2. Lift blade off windshield and release.
3. The blade should be within 5mm of the park line (mark on windshield).

Hope this helps.