Wiper blades replacement

HI-NOS-Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The bad things about being here in hawaii :smirk:. So I need two new wiper blades of course because it is about to be rainy season. Of course none of the dealerships out here have any in stock. And its a crazy $55, and that is not for a pair, but one stinkin blade. :omg: Are you kidding me? I have tried the Checker and Napa parts store out here, Checker had the wrong dang part number as it was not even close to fitting, and Napa does not have any either. This really *****. There has to be a replacement blade I can get that will work just as good and not have to pay $55 per blade. Anyone know of a direct replacement and where I can order one? Vendors? Help :(

aries

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You whining SOB, I just spent 15 days on Kauai and did not want to leave!! If expensive wiper blades are you biggest problem, we would all hope to have your problems!! :D :D :D Just messin ya man. ;)

Here's an idea, you come live in crappy Maryland and get cheap wiper blades and I'll take you place in Hawaii and spend $55 on wiper blades, hell I'll pay $200 for them to live in Hawaii!!! :) :)

Try this place, seems to be cheaper:
Dodge Viper Wiper Blade - DirveWire.com

cash84

Viper Owner
Reaction score
You whining SOB, I just spent 15 days on Kauai and did not want to leave!! If expensive wiper blades are you biggest problem, we would all hope to have your problems!! :D :D :D Just messin ya man. ;)

Here's an idea, you come live in crappy Maryland and get cheap wiper blades and I'll take you place in Hawaii and spend $55 on wiper blades, hell I'll pay $200 for them to live in Hawaii!!! :) :)

Try this place, seems to be cheaper:
Dodge Viper Wiper Blade - DirveWire.com

No those will not work. I don't know why they even listed the 03 and up. You can only get them directly through the dealer. Got mine this spring and $34 a piece thats after they gave me a 10% discount lol. I might need another replacement for next year...these ones worn out or just plain ****.

okloneranger

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Question for you guys-Is BOSCH the original (OEM) supplier of wiper blades for Vipers? If not, who is? Thanks

BolsOut

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I ran into the same problem recently. None of the auto-parts stores carry the right part, I checked them all. I just went to the dealer & ordered new. ($105 for both).
:(
Price of admission. Altho I did keep my old ones and am gonna strip off the old rubber blades and epoxy a new set to them as a backup. upon close inspection it seems like thats exactly how they're made.
:usa:

ulllose

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Same here. I've owned three Vipers and have yet to use the wipers or better yet, manipulate the switch.

I, on the other hand seem to always hit the damn switch when turning or something..........looks real cool when pulling in somewhere on a sunny day and my wipers turn on:rolaugh:

OP
OP
H

HI-NOS-Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I ran into the same problem recently. None of the auto-parts stores carry the right part, I checked them all. I just went to the dealer & ordered new. ($105 for both).
:(
Price of admission. Altho I did keep my old ones and am gonna strip off the old rubber blades and epoxy a new set to them as a backup. upon close inspection it seems like thats exactly how they're made.
:usa:
I finally found one of the dealers out here that had one, yes just the drivers side and not the passenger lol. Luckily that is the one that I needed, the other one I had to pre order. $105 for the dang things :omg: they should be made out of gold. Trust me after being here for a while your viper gets deprived. There is only so much island and the Viper can never really get going anywhere. :(

Martin Kennedy

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Trico products is the orginal supplier of the wiper blades. They are called Beam Blades. Trico is the biggest Aftermarket supplier of wiper blades in North America. Their blades are also sold in NAPA, Carquest and others under their private label. You can get them from the dealer or get "Neoform blades" from Advance Auto as a replacement .

hdscreens

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Trico products is the orginal supplier of the wiper blades. They are called Beam Blades. Trico is the biggest Aftermarket supplier of wiper blades in North America. Their blades are also sold in NAPA, Carquest and others under their private label. You can get them from the dealer or get "Neoform blades" from Advance Auto as a replacement .

Any chance u got a part number for the wipers?

Tom Sessions

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have had to chance to see these wiper blades being made.You would not believe what goes into them.They really are a work of art.

white out

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just picked up a set of 16" Bosch Icons. They aren't on the fitment chart, but work well. I am just figuring out how to swap the top scoop of one of the blades since it's backwards on the car.

Nick

xjrguy

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I just picked up a set of 16" Bosch Icons. They aren't on the fitment chart, but work well. I am just figuring out how to swap the top scoop of one of the blades since it's backwards on the car.

Nick

Can you post pictures or elaborate?

I have Bosch Icons on all of our vehicles except for the Viper.

I'll pick a pair of icons up based on your pics if you say they work.

Thanks in advance.

xjrguy

Viper Owner
Reaction score

I just bought a pair of Trico Neoform blades in 16 inch variety.

First of all my SRT10 wiper blades are longer than 16 inches, and I cannot for the life of me see how the Neoform blades will mount to the stock wiper arm.

The stockers are flat with a push button mounting system, where the Neoforms (like the Bosch Icons) have a spoiler and a totally different mounting system that does not even fit into the stock wiper arm.

If these are supposed to work, it would be great to get some hints.

How did you get these even mounted to the wiper arm?

Are you disassembling the wiper blade assembly?

xjrguy

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Nick

I'm guessing you got them to work on a Gen I/Gen II because it is impossible to get these to fit on an SRT10 Gen III/Gen IV

Since this is in the SRT forum it's confusing those that have Gen III+ cars. :dunno:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper