Woodhouse advice "rod end oil clearance"

Dion Fisher

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Woodhouse advice \"rod end oil clearance\"

Thanks Bob, because of your advice I jumped into my rod end clearances and saved myself some future heartache, not to mention finding loose screws on my baffle pan.. Again a BIG thanks!!

OP
OP
D

Dion Fisher

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Woodhouse advice \"rod end oil clearance\"

Shame on you two ;-) you haven't been checking the message board regularly have you?? The post was made about 3 weeks ago by Bob
whom had from experience shared that his car and others were developing excessive wear to the #2 and #4 rod end bearings believed to be caused by oil starvation under high G loads..

His post lead me to check out my bearings while in the area to change my pan gasket to the new aluminum style unit so I can stop wiping up the mess the old unit lets escape onto the underside of my car after each track day..

Anyway I also found my car at 16k miles to have a well worn #1,#2 bearings @ just .0005" under the wear limit of .0035" so at this point i'm ordering new bearings and will have a look at the new larger capacity oil pan and baffle system.

ACR Joe

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Hey Dion:

Care to share your little secret with the rest of the world? What gives here?

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score

How was #3? That one is a problem as well.

Latecomers: If you own a '96.5, 97, 98, or 99 Viper,
AND you do Roadcourse or Auto-X events...you are STARVING your motor of oil up front. Especially true if you run club-slicks, or have tweaked your suspension to pull more Gs. Drag racers ditto, but to a smaller degree, for a shorter period.

Easy Fix, not expensive: Replace your 96-99 oilpan with a much-improved pan/gasket/windage tray combo. (PartsRack still has at $529 complete.) Holds +1.4 qts extra oil.....returns oil faster...picks up oil better...... Cheap insurance. Direct bolt-on, no tricky work to perform.

Options: Performance Oil Filter adapter..flows oil to cooler 100% of the time, improves pressures. EXCELLENT choice for track rats. (ACRs have this item already!)

Trap-door scavenger insert......maximixes oil containment where and when it counts.

All THREE of these mods together cost less and perform better than the MoPar-touted "Performance Oil Pan" at hundreds more! This package is a top-seller.

If interested, please E-me ! JonB

Janni

Enthusiast
Reaction score

The Cones have done the new 2000 pan, windage tray and pan trap door mods to both their cars... Easy mod - worth every penny. We also just changed the oil filter adapter (purchased from PartsRack...) to the ACR style this past weekend. Took pictures. Should have detailed instructions ready by mid week. Will be sending to Marv S. Will also try to post on website with link within one week. It was easy and we're for any mod that adds life to the engine if you compete....

Janni and Henry Cone

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960