Would a different set of gears make a noticeable difference?

sbkim

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just a follow-up, was 3.55 worth the money? When I had my automatic C5, I changed my rear end from 3.15 to 3.42 with little noticeable difference. I guess I don't want to see that happen with the viper.

Got_Vnum

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Damn I'm really beginning to wish I would've waited and bought a Gen 2. :(
I'm just concerned about reliability with a supercharger. I don't know how well a 29,000 mile Gen 1 engine can hold up under boost. I don't even know if the car had the head gaskets replaced with the newer ones. I wonder how I can find that info without crawling under the car and trying to look? God, the last thing I would need would be to have to pour money into it to get fixed.
Hey NatRT, just a thought, if you're so worried about potential problems when upgrading your car, whats keeping you from selling it and getting a Gen II? I know you just got it, but if youre having second thoughts about your purchase, Im sure you could sell it and not take too much of a hit. Assuming you get a clean Gen II, you wont have any of those worries, plus youll be up 50 HP right out of the box. The Gen II's also handle a ton better.

A little more on topic - I love my 3.55's, great upgrade! If you do get them, dont go cheap, get the Unitrax.

JonB - So how many pages is that waiver? Is the word "explode" in there? ;)

2BADD 4U

Enthusiast
Reaction score

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How bad would the traction be witha Roe blower and 3:55's?

Also what kinda top speed would it kill?

2BADD 4U

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How bad would the traction be witha Roe blower and 3:55's?

Also what kinda top speed would it kill?

Traction limited ..depending on your choice of tires, AND outside temps, road temps. and condition. Mileage on tires depends also. I have driven Gen 2 Vipers with fair tires and spun them constantly when getting on it. My 02 FE with 5600 miles on the tires (sticky)hooks up real nice..no S/C... but bolt ons. Not sure exactly on top speed,7-10 mph... but how fast do you need to go?

Dave

sbkim

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can anyone recommend a shop in Chicagoland who's done gear installations on Vipers before? I presume SVS is one of them. Thanks in advance!

Got_Vnum

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Can anyone recommend a shop in Chicagoland who's done gear installations on Vipers before? I presume SVS is one of them. Thanks in advance!
From what Ive read in the forums, Fields Dodge in Glenview has a competent Viper Tech. I belive the service manager there is Tom Burek.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Axial32