Would you sell the raffel car if you were the winner?

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sunburn said.........
"I spoke with the latest raffle winner over the weekend at a car show, and he showed me the window sticker for it- $115,000 And that was for a yellow car with dual black stripes. The interiors on the both cars will likely cost about the same, so I wouldn't be suprised if Dodge puts a $130,000 MSRP on the flamed car. So... at a more realistic 35% fed and 8% state tax(afterall most Viper owners make a "decent" living before the added $130k!) that would come out to almost $56,000 in income tax + another $10,000 in CA sales tax for a whopping $66k. So much for a "free" car
It would be nice if Dodge didn't screw over the raffle winners by reporting ridiculously high MSRP's on these unique but not "solid gold" automobiles"

You give new meaning to the term Negativity.....

1. The last one was valued at $115,000 (Your numbers)
Why would you assume a 15k increase?
2. Just because YOU live in Kalifornia doesn't mean everyone pays that level of tax.
3. Your raffle winner you spoke with from last year...did he pay the tax and buy the car???
4. I for one love the fact that Dodge and the VCA has these raffles and furthermore think that 115k is probably about the right assigned value to a special project car built by a major car company. Remember, if they don't add up all the costs as taxable then they violate the charitable raffle rules.
5. If you think it's a ripoff, don't buy a ticket, better chance for me!

Pictureman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm going to use it for a studio prop. I think the ladies would like it. Besides I need a new one now since my wife drove mine through a Kansas wheat field today.

5842raffle_car-med.jpg

Lawrenzo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lee,

Sunburn said.........
"I spoke with the latest raffle winner over the weekend at a car show, and he showed me the window sticker for it- $115,000 And that was for a yellow car with dual black stripes. The interiors on the both cars will likely cost about the same, so I wouldn't be suprised if Dodge puts a $130,000 MSRP on the flamed car. So... at a more realistic 35% fed and 8% state tax(afterall most Viper owners make a "decent" living before the added $130k!) that would come out to almost $56,000 in income tax + another $10,000 in CA sales tax for a whopping $66k. So much for a "free" car
It would be nice if Dodge didn't screw over the raffle winners by reporting ridiculously high MSRP's on these unique but not "solid gold" automobiles"

You give new meaning to the term Negativity.....

1. The last one was valued at $115,000 (Your numbers)
Why would you assume a $15k increase?

Because the last paint job was simply a yellow car with dual stripes- the flame paint job certainly cost a whole bunch more to create! Plus it has the new Mopar wheels to boot!

2. Just because YOU live in Kalifornia doesn't mean everyone pays that level of tax.

Unless you've some type of non-existant exepmtion you'll be paying Federal tax in the highest bracket as well, and only a handful of states have no state tax! Giddyup!

3. Your raffle winner you spoke with from last year...did he pay the tax and buy the car???

Yes, and he absolutely loves it!

4. I for one love the fact that Dodge and the VCA has these raffles and furthermore think that 115k is probably about the right assigned value to a special project car built by a major car company. Remember, if they don't add up all the costs as taxable then they violate the charitable raffle rules.

The 50 cars delivered ot VOI were very close to what the raffle winner received- were they $115k too? I'm just pointing out that someone seems to be bumping the numbers way up for a stripe job, chrome wheels, and interior kit!

You forgot how to count in your venomous haste :eek:

6. If you think it's a ripoff, don't buy a ticket, better chance for me!

Um no, you still have a 1 in 2005 chance at winning whether I buy or not :crazy:

GoldenVenom

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hi all,
I won the yellow VCA raffle car last October. The sticker price was $115,995 ($31,200 VCA Special Edition Option). To see my complete story please look on the VCA home page. I bought a brand new 2002 ACR last July, joined VCA, and won the raffle car in October. I like my ACR which I drove only about 400 miles. I did not want to sell it but also I did not want to sell the raffle car because it is too special for me. So I decided to keep the SRT for show events and drive the ACR. The SRT now has about 500 miles and ACR has 3100 miles. I did buy some raffle tickets. If luck strikes me again, I do not know which one to keep. The yellow has nice paint job with full stripes and awesome custom leather interior but the red has awesome paint job with nice interior. I could not afford to keep 3 Vipers so maybe I would sell my ACR. But I do not have to think about it until I win it. I think the red car's sticker price must be over $100k. Good luck to everyone who bought tickets and be prepare to pay sale tax, DMV and income tax.
PS:If I want to win cash, I would buy lotto. I would keep the car if it is the only car I have.

DLTARNU

Suspended
Reaction score
"...my wife drove mine through a Kansas wheat field..."

Care to explain that statement?

Do you mean she drove it on a road that happened to pass through a Kansas wheat field and as a result she is now hooked and wants a Viper of her own, or do you mean she lost control and went on a baja run through a wheat field and trashed the car in the process, necessitating a new one?

VPRVENM97

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd sell it and set the money aside for the new coupe whenever it comes out. Hopefully they will have straigtened out all the styling issues by then.

Oh yeah, and I'd turbocharge the new coupe. :D

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960