Would you take delivery of your Viper after seeing it like this ?

BOTTLEFED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well I'm not sure you refuse the delivery, but the delivery co. would be buying a new top and side windows.

Also it looks like the straps may have scuffed up the doors so make sure it can be buffed out.

If the stupid driver was careless enough to do that, then check everything, especially where he hooked the straps to.

BTW, very nice car
hope it is ok

Russ M

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Look on the bright side...

The owner saved a bunch of money by not using an enclosed trailer, or a reputable tow company. Whats the difference anyways John Deer or Viper they both have 4 wheels.

AZTVR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Would you take delivery of your Viper after seeing it like this ?
Well, it would depend on if there is any damage. I can't tell from that photo. To dark, blurry, low resolution. It kind of looks like there might be a towel wrapped around the strap where it touches the body, and if he didn't put any pressure on the strap, perhaps it caused no damage to the top? He really should have just let the top alone and let it do whatever it was going to do.

If the car was damaged and the car is owned by the company that owns the truck; then, I'd say, sure, you could refuse delivery. If you already paid for the car, there would probably be a big legal hassle involved.

EllowViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
WOW. Even the other straps look suspect to me...hooked to the spokes of the rims?? How was the one coming from the front facia attached? It may be an illusion, but it look like it is strapped across the front of the facia to keep the car from moving forward. On the bright side, you got your Viper; but the first look at your new child should be one of joy...not shock!!! I wonder how far it was trailered like this??

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dude, that can't be for real. I would first ***** slap the driver and then call his boss, then talk to the boss's boss and file in small claims court against them. In my area you can sue for up to $5000, so as long as only damage is the top and windows, you should be good. The picture os proof enough that they are stupid.

By the way, I have a top for sale in the classifieds :D

whitebluevipe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
it should not have been shipped like that period!! looks loke somebody was trying to cut corners just to save a couple bucks.

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There'd be a body count if that was my car.

I would have refused it, and told them to take it to the nearest dealer that can handle doing a full chassis alignment inspection.

AZTVR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
WOW. Even the other straps look suspect to me...hooked to the spokes of the rims?? How was the one coming from the front facia attached? It may be an illusion, but it look like it is strapped across the front of the facia to keep the car from moving forward. On the bright side, you got your Viper; but the first look at your new child should be one of joy...not shock!!! I wonder how far it was trailered like this??

I agree that they look suspect; but, I don't see how anyone can tell from the photograph provided. If you zoom in on the photo, the strap does not look like it is attached to the wheel spoke. It appears that there is a strap going in front of the front wheel and one coming out behind the wheel. Same for the rear wheel. Very difficult to see.

Anyway, I doubt that is a great way to strap a Viper down; but, don't know if it would damage it. Probably depends on what kind of roads and distance it traveled.

GTSRboy2000

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Some people just dont get it...they think all cars are the same and treat a viper like its a SUV or somthing. If that happened to me id be cool about it, but if there was ANY notiable damage id be really pissed, that unacceptable especially for a viper

94EmeraldGreen

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dude, that can't be for real. I would first ***** slap the driver and then call his boss, then talk to the boss's boss and file in small claims court against them. In my area you can sue for up to $5000, so as long as only damage is the top and windows, you should be good. The picture os proof enough that they are stupid.

my thoughts exactly.

OKViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good reason to use a good transport company - not the cheapest semi-with a trailer that comes along...

ViperVon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
if id have paid for the car already, id knock him right the F out. no question about it
I'm with Plum.....maybe even pick him up and knock him right back down again. This guy isn't qualified to hawl manure much less a Viper...........:bonker::chair::hit:

ViperVon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you zip tie his neck to the mirror on the haul rig you won't get so tired having to stand him back up.

Just a tip for those important moments.

Good advice Dave, Thanx!!!! Only drawback that I can see is that I would have to hit him twice as much to make up for his face not hitting the ground:D

jasontiff

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I resound those sentiments; anyone have the name of the company? We want to be sure that the Viper community is forewarned about these guys before it happens again.

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Now honestly, had he continued transporting the car and let the top fly off, you'd all be saying "he should've thrown a strap over the top and across the doors to keep the top on". Some people are impossible to please :D :lmao::rolaugh::eater::eater:

RedLiner

Enthusiast
Reaction score
They will take your car off the trailer with their fork lift at no extra charge (offer good until July) and drop it wherever you want.

Holy sheet that made my stomach curl. I would be absolutely sick if my car was transported that way. The said thing is that we don't have any pictures of how it was loaded? Or how many donuts they did in the parking lot before shipping it. All I can say is damn, that *****.

OP
OP
V

viperrt96

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What's the update??

I was waiting for someone to ask so..... I'll give away what was a little trick on me

I'll let the pics tell the other side (no punn intended) of the story

You must be registered for see images

Still ruined a perfectly good top IMO

I like the photoshop pic :rolaugh: that was pretty good

Guess this car came thru Indy last week on it's way to ? And someone took pics of it and he showed it like I did here

well...................Can't blame me ;)

Matt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was looking for a somebody to transport my car from DLM, anyone got the company name?

I'd look at Almond Exotic Transport, Reliable Carriers, or Horseless Carraiges.

They all seem to have great reputations.

I used Horseless for my last coast-to-coast Viper transport.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960