WOW.... VCA... WOW... JUST WOW... (super long post so get comfortable..)

Compensating

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How do I put gas in my 1997 Dodge Viper GTS...? ( there.. I dare the mods to move this....)

Wow… Just wow………

So I get home today from probably one of the worst sandstorms we have ever had here… It was so bad that it filled our planes engines up with about an inch of sand before we could get all the covers on them. I’m tired.. sweaty.. covered in sand.. and ready for a shower and then pass out after my 13 hour battle with the “Return of the Mummy” re-enactment.

Once I am home to my humble 8’ x 8’ abode (yes some prisons are bigger.. but I’m not complaining.. the guys in Iraq have it way worse), I find a medium sized brown box ever so awaiting my triumphant return. “Hmmm” I think to myself… “My wife has already sent me 83 packs of Orbit gum and a dozen Cadbury eggs”.. (2 day supply I might add….. :) )… “Well maybe it’s more Street Tuner or European Car magazines…yay :( :evilmad: (neither of which has anything even close to being Viper related in them.. but you knew that already.. my wife doesn’t get it.. but it the thought that counts.) :bonker:

As I look at the customs label affixed to the outside of the “cardboard chariot of bliss”… I notice a Florida address!?!?! “I don’t know anyone in Florida?..” Well Minnie mouse.. but she never calls.. :rolleyes: Hmmmm… Well if it isn’t from good ole Andrew/USPWR… Ahh.. he did ask for my address.. mmm must be some candy… or maybe some beef jerky.. (both are greatly appreciated.. and are the #1 most sought after care package items in the warzone!!!)

Well it was candy…. “Mmm life savers… keeps the desert breath fresh!!” Too bad camels don’t care what your breath smells like when you are courting them! :nono: But they are still good!!!!

“Ohh.. look some magazines!!.. haven’t read anything printed past 2004 in a while.. YES! Hmmm.. Sports Illustrated swim suit edition… niiiiiicceeee… Beyonce… mmm…” Ever notice that Beyonce looks like bouncy if you just glance at it?… :nana: I did.

NewsMax… “Sweet! Current events!! What? Hillary Clinton is running for president????” :bonker:

Racer Magazine… “ cool.. something with fast cars that are not FWD… even the ads don’t have cars with wrong wheel drive… Yes!!”

Not one.. but two Cavallino Ferrari catalogs!! “Wow.. probably gonna take these to the restroom with the S.I. Swim Suit issue…” don’t ask..

Low and behold a Viper book!!.. not a magazine… a Matt Stone Book!!! “Wow. Just wow… no words..” This thing is awesome!!!!!.. I feel like I am reciting the script from "Dude Where’s My Car…." “Dude.. Sweet.. Dude… Sweeeeeet… Duuuuuudddeee!!!!”

It….. gets….. even….. better….. (whispering…)

:eek: HOLY FLIPPING CAMEL SPIDERS BATMAN!!!!!!!!!! :eek:

AN 80 GIG iPOD VIDEO!!!!!!!
(yelling)

“O..M..F..G..”… You guys are just too much. I have absolutely been rendered speechless. (which doesn’t ever happen I might add). I don’t even know what to type.. I know this is where I say thank you… but I feel like those words are not worthy of an act like this…

I have been a member of RX-7, Mustang, Lexus, BMW, Jeep, Yamaha, and many other forums/groups… Never have I seen anything like this… wow. Everyone deployed with me either hates me with jealously right now.. or they want to play with it. No one here has ever heard of a bunch of strangers getting together and buying a total stranger a gift of this magnitude!!!!

Andy put together all of the envelopes from the letters and donations to him, and printed the pm’s from all of the contributors… all I can say is thank you. From the bottom of my heart… THANK YOU! This is by far the nicest and most thoughtful thing any one has done for me…

Andy also took the liberty to add everyone’s screen names to your actual address on the envelopes so I will be working on tons of pm’s very shortly. (promise no junk mail now that I have all of your real addresses…)

To add to this great gesture Andy also included a $50 iTunes gift card!!! Man.. I don’t even know you and I want to give you a great big hug.. (in a totally heterosexual manly way.. ok?)

Oh.. did I mention he pre-loaded it with over 2500 songs!!! Also, a couple of videos.. and a movie!!!! (didn’t even put a dent in the hard drive!) THIS IS TOO MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I LOVE ALL THIS MUSC!!! Btw Andrew… whats up with the Yanni???... don’t worry… you more than made up for it with the Fergie Video… (maybe I can take the Ipod, S.I. swimsuit issue, and the Ferrari magazines to the bathroom all at once!!!... OK.. really don’t ask!!) :buttkick:

What makes this even better is that we flew into Afghanistan last week and it was snowing like crazy… and the snow got into my itty bitty iPod nano.. melted.. and then proceeded to fry it!!.. :curse: Wow… this is GREAT!!! I thought I was screwed.. but then this little black angel of ROCK shows up!!!! :headbang:

Below are some pics of me “breaking it down” in the hallways of our dorm.. Yes I woke people up.. No I don’t care.. Somebody needs to make it a .gif file for me dancing with the below pics.. I tried.. but I ****.. Did I mention this thing ROCKS!!! (anyone notice the fang salute…) Also I have attached some pics of the all cool stuff including the contributors envelopes, candy, and the infamous IPOD!!!.. also a pic of me and gumby in Afghanistan.. yes that is snow...

Thank you Andrew/USPWR… :headbang: Thank you VCA… :headbang:

:usa: YOU GUYS ROCK!!!! :usa:

more pics and stories to come.......

You must be registered for see images

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: WOW.... VCA... WOW... JUST WOW... (super long post so get comfortable..

glad ya got it.

andrew gets all the credit.

D

DAMN YANKEE

Wait a minute...Andrew told me you were a great looking woman serving in the Marines....

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score

As a country we owe you so much more than we could ever give you, but glad you like the iPod and other goodies! Be safe and God Bless :usa: :nana:

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Don't worry about the ***, just enjoy it for your hard work!

ViperArry

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Wow, to read this is just breathtaking!
Just wished I was one of the ones preparing this goodies together for you.

Maybe next time.....

Enjoy the goods. Be safe!

twinturbo3150

Enthusiast
Reaction score

glad you liked it, what movies did he download? any ****? :D :2tu:

Andrew2KRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I usually never read long posts, but glad I read this one. Stay safe.

Andrew

viperbob

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Nice care package...but where is mine? I'm with the FL National Guard. But I'm in an office overlooking the river, surfing the Net, watching the TV (just finished reading the paper), and am going out for a smoke in a minute.

Seriously, keep up the good work and take out a few bad guys so there are less for the folks here to deal with when it is their turn for a tour!

ViperJames

Enthusiast
Reaction score

NICE! This was a great post, GOOD JOB ANDREW, get home soon!

radta7

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Thanks for your service! Enjoy!

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Nice care package...but where is mine? I'm with the FL National Guard. But I'm in an office overlooking the river, surfing the Net, watching the TV (just finished reading the paper), and am going out for a smoke in a minute.

Seriously, keep up the good work and take out a few bad guys so there are less for the folks here to deal with when it is their turn for a tour!
There is always a need for "Chairborne" Guardsmen. :D

Comp- it was our pleasure
Andrew- Thanks for putting it all together :2tu:

VIPER BAZ UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Good read....Probably the longest post i have read but well worth it....
Enjoy it and take care :usa: :usa: ..
Baz UK :2tu: :headbang:

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Andrew get's all the credit and I hope you enjoy listening to a little bit of home while you're away. Be safe and keep your head down :2tu:

malcoll

Enthusiast
Reaction score

A really small gesture compared to what you are doing as a defender of our country and our freedom!!

THANK YOU! Be safe!

Blue Pilot

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Good read and glad you enjoyed it! Although I know Andrew is too modest to take all the credit for this, but I know he spent a lot of time rounding up donations from VCA guys and gals. He alone came up with this idea, so it has to be said:

Great job Andrew! You have some good karma coming your way my friend.

Here is a nice picture of the IPOD and what Andrew had etched on it.

ipod.jpg

FinalEd357

Viper Owner
Reaction score

thank you so much for serving this wonderful country of ours. You'll be in my prayers this evening - better yet - just said one for you - stay safe!

OP
OP
C

Compensating

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I love the write up. Just got threw it. You are very humorous!

I try to keep things light.... :buttkick:

here's one form the archives.... last time I deployed.. :eek:

http://www4.forum.viperclub.org/showflat...true#Post678285

:headbang: THANKS AGAIN TO ALL!!!! :headbang:

and yes the ingraving is just icing on the cake!!!! Gret Idea!

Went through all the music Andrew loaded on it last night... and man... if that was your cd collection...geez!!! there's loads and loads of great music!!

and just watched Terminator 2... amzaming how movies look on this thing!!!! :nana:

:2tu: :headbang: THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU :headbang: :2tu:

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I remember that story.. ROFL Viper Tetris 2.0 :D

Leslie

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Sooo glad you liked it!!!!

big-n-italian

Enthusiast
Reaction score

you are welcome! be safe! :2tu:

:usa: :usa: :usa: :usa: :usa: :usa: :usa: :usa: :usa: :usa:

and WELL DONE ANDY! (applause)

Austin

Enthusiast
Reaction score

You're welcome! Enjoy it and glad you liked it! :)

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Stop it, your making me misty.

Malcoll said it best " A really small gesture compared to what you are doing as a defender of our country and our freedom!!"

Glad to hear it brightened your day.

The "world" owes all you men and women fighting for our freedoms, a great great great deal of gratitude, and want you to never forget it.

Enjoy and get home safe.

VENOMAHOLIC

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Thanks for your service to the USA! :usa: :2tu:

AJT

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Thank you for protecting us.

Andy