*********WOW**********************

Speedy G

Viper Owner
Reaction score
no one is going to bid on the auctions? but everyone wants voi's and our club to do stuff? this is how it gets paid for, and in this economy im sure we are going to have to step up! :eater:

LifeIsGood

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Are you talking about the blocks and the autographed quarter panel. My feeling is that they might as well ask for donations. What the hell would joe-viper-owner do with blown blocks?

V

Venomiss

Sorry, I'm not interested in these three items.

Bob

http://forums.viperclub.org/general...8-announcing-next-spectacular-vca-raffle.html

Then perhaps a raffle ticket for the ACR?:)

vacr1.jpg

ViperCr8zy

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The raffle items (save the ACR, of course!) just don't have me excited, either. Even thinking about it from a long-term perspective - ie. would a detonated 426 Hemi block from 1968 be worth a mint today - I come to the same conclusion - NO. To swipe a line from Siegfried on Get Smart - "Interesting...but Stooopid!" :lmao2:

snakebitdave

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think opinions matter to our elected officials so I'll render mine. I think the items being offered up for auction have a very limited appeal to a very limited audiance.

I would recommend a signed picture, hat, shirt, jacket, glove box door. A set of tires, an AutoArt model (or set of them). An exhaust system.....well, you get the idea. Something with broader appeal. Anything except my GT2:).

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
While we certainly appreciate the enthusiasm about the auctions (thanks Copper57!), we would rather see the money go towards the raffle if one had to choose between the two. The VCA is only getting a small portion of those auctions and did not set the minimum bids on any of them. We were asked to post them on behalf of JR Thompson Company and we are getting a small part of the proceeds in return.

So feel free to focus on the raffle and watch for other auction goodies in the future! :2tu: