Wreck on 1-10 saturday.....

Roysviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was driving my 1998 GTS down the interstate 1-10 from Pensacola,FL to Mobile, AL, yesterday cruzin along about 70 mph in the slow lane, lots of traffic and the fast lane next to me was about bumper to bumper traffic going 70-80 mph also, when almost dead even with my drivers side door I saw this truck coming up looking over at the Viper in my side mirror as he got right next to my door he slammed into the rear of the car to my left and slammed that car into the car in front of it and that one into a third car.......as soon as I realized the truck was fixin to hit the car next to me I instantly moved over into the emergency lane and goosed it to dodge the pieces of metal that was flyin all over the place......cars were all over both sides of the highway stopped now and it is a miracle no one was seriously hurt at that speed.......I can still replay the entire thing in my mind as it happened in slow motion in my head.........I feel bad for all those people, that wreck could have been prevented if the driver of the truck had paid attention to driving and not sight seeing and looking at the Viper......You never know whats fixin to happen and we all need to keep our eyes on the road....I am guilty of the same thing but have never caused a wreck lookin at something......other than that accident....the sun was shinning, 76 degrees, dry roads and BEAUTIFUL day to go for a ride in my Viper.......anyone else had something like this happen to them? BE SAFE out there in the world of Vipering and lets enjoy our cars a lot this summer....we will be cruzin here in PENSACOLA from time to time hopefully with about a half a dozen or more Vipers and some other assorted HotRod buddies......too much fun, ha

Viper98912

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So you're the reason that caused the accident?

I had this happen once as well; about 10 years ago I was coming back from a sport compact show and I was riding with my buddy who had a really modified car. There was a couple of guys that pulled up next to us in their stock car, oohing and aahing because they were in the same car and had never seen their car so nicely modified before. I was looking at them the whole time as they were both looking to the right and the cars in front of them were stopping...they barely stopped in time after slamming on the brakes.

daveg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This usually happens when looking at ********-Clad Women!!!

ViperSmith

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Which is why driving you always have to be watching out for the other idiots on the road. defensive driving is a must, people are so damned stupid!

BlknBlu

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Within 2 hours of each other, I witnessed 2 cars rear end each other right next to me. In both cases they were looking at my car and Wham

Bruce

ViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nothing special when driving a Viper - most drivers are just plain stupid.
How many people get killed by car accidents again per year in the US?
+30,000 :crazy2:

slysnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Vipers are a dangerous weapon. We need to take some steps. First we should outlaw all GTS versions. And any versions that might look like a GTS. That would be all Gen 5s. Second we should limit the size of the gas tank so they won't travel so far and endanger so many people. Finally, we should require all Viper drivers to take a driving safty course before they will be given the special Viper License. All Viper owners names will be put on the Viper owners registry and if any more of these types of incidents happen we will know where all Vipers are so they can be confiscated.

OK joking aside, Glad you're ok.

HobokenViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's crazy Roy! Glad to hear you and the car are ok. People get stupid or crazy when they see a Viper on the road which equals dangerous drivers..... I'm not surprised as that's almost happened a few times when I've had mine out and about as well.

V10 ACR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Same thing happened to me with my first Viper. Coming over the I-8 in California a truck with trailer wnted to get a better look. Got too close, starterd to brake, the empty trailer started to fishtail and he went off the road and down a ravine. A real mess and just for trying to get a closer look.