WRECKED MY VIPER! HIT AND RUN! GRR!

The Joker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Madmax,

If you have any friends in the police force have them run the plate and get the address. It will help having the address when you sue him.

*Note: your insurance adjuster will be able to run a check on the plate. File a claim asap!

>>>>>>>I would run a check for you but I do not handle auto claims anymore and it would look suspicious if I did ran it<<<<<

The sooner you nail this guy down the better. Depending on how updated your insurance company is, they could have the information in days.

Bonkers

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
MM - You got mail.

Also, if you were the conniving self centered SOB that most people take me for, you could find a way of suing the SUV driver for that purty GTS you've wanted. Or you could settle with the Insurance company for depreciation and repair then score a check from some lunatic in a cesspool like Delaware for the balance. You'd get plenty more cash and a new Viper. I can think of at least one person who'd lend you their RT for you wedding and judging from the responses I've read so far I think there's plenty more out there.

Well its six o'clock here now so you'd probably just be waking up soon. Remember be real gentle with that whip lashed neck and sprained wrist or you'll do more damage. Tell Jenn she'll have to testify about your lack of libido after the wreck (I know its unmanly, but trust me on this one) and that she'll need to be brutally honest.
wink.gif

Good to hear you're okay. Call me when you get the chance.

OP
OP
M

MadMaxx

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm awake, and actualy my neck does hurt
frown.gif
I'm sore, but I don't think it damaged anything.

It's going to the viper tech today, and then to the body man for estimates.

James

Bonkers

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by MadMaxx:
I'm sore, but I don't think it damaged anything.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

IS THERE A DOCTOR IN THE HOUSE?!!! MM - Take my advice here man, thinking will get you know where in life! I know because when I stopped thinking I started making $$$s...

Seriously though get checked out. Its sounds stupid but look on the bright side - you won't pay for it anyway.

OP
OP
M

MadMaxx

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There is a deep chip in the windhield. Will they replace glass for multiple deep chips, or do they try and "fill" them?

I also have several nicks on the drivers quarter.

MM

Miles B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hood, fascia, three (possibly unavailable except at high prices from private sellers
wink.gif
) wheels, windshield, 3 tyres, quarter work, paint, any under car damage, LABOR......

Man, this thing has got to be getting close to a write off if you convince them about new panels and depreciation.

OP
OP
M

MadMaxx

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for everyones support on this. VCA members rule!

If anyone is in the SC/NC/GA area and would like to rent out their car for a few hours on August 31st 2002, drop me a mail. I dunno if the car will be done in time for the wedding
frown.gif

James

Viablo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi Madmax,

First of all i'm sorry to hear what happened, but am glad you're ok.
Now, in NY we believe in turning the other cheek. Here's what you should do, when everything is over and done with, make friends with the guy that ran and invite him over to Howard Beach. I live on the water and we could take him sightseeing on the ocean, There are a lot of pretty things and pretty fish to see out there.
devil.gif
devil.gif

Seriously,
i'm glad you're ok.

USAF BAD ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think my policy states that my rental car can't be over a sedan or something. I don't think mine states I'm entitled to a comparable car.

MM, you definately need to have a game plan laid out about something you haven't mentioned, but others have. DEPRECIATION! You HAVE to argue that because it's an exotic, and a wrecked exotic doesn't sell well, you should be compesated. I'd imagine in the range of $2k-$8k.

A quick little story: Back when I had my sentra (worth 3200) it was ding'd up in a light hail storm. Insurance told me it was about 3,000 to fix so they were totaling it. They said I could buy the car back from them for $800, so I get to keep my car with a few small dings, plus $2200. I then told them it was worth about a $1500 less because of the salvage title, and after much arguing, they added on another $1500. So, I got a 3700 check, then I sold it a few weeks later for 2000. That car made me money!

I wouldn't settle for anything less than 3,000 added on for deprec. Even if they keep the title clean, it's still wrecked.

TacDoc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mad,
1. Do not sign any medical releases from the other guys insurance. Spinal injuries may take weeks to months to manifest (ie. disc and ligament). You want his insurance on the hook for evaluations you may need in the upcoming months.

2. You need something from the PD indicating the guy hit and ran. Once you have this you have authority, otherwise you have heresay.

3. Having the hit and run documentation you now have evidence of a crime. Tell the guys insurance you will not accept ANY body work, only replacement parts, otherwise you will definitely seek legal remedy (been there done that, '88 Fiero GT). In my case the defendent insurance company did not even put up an arguement beyond that statement.

4. This goes without saying, but have your cars frame checked for alignment. Panels, suspension, etc can be replaced with ease. A bent frame is a goner.

5. I had a loose wheel skip across the nose of my 96 white RT 2 days after I got it. No panel gouge, just scratched into paint. The other insurance was easy to work with. I elected to have the paint work done on just the damaged nose and the match turned out great. I was very happy I did not screw with the rest of the car. It is easy to have one or two pieces done until right. It is a nightmare if the whole car gets screwed.

Keep us in the loop.

OP
OP
M

MadMaxx

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a witness who gave a vehicle discription, plate number and a statment to the PD. I have a case number and will be receiving all documents shortly.

Still waiting to hear whats up with the other persons insurance, or if they have even caught him/her.

James

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Axial32