X or H pipe with Borla catback? Need your help!

Kurt 97 GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know that I can add an H pipe pretty easily, but would prefer an H pipe if possible. Anyone know if/how this would work with my Borla catback? Thanks for your help!!

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Isn't the Borla just straight pipes from the diff to the tips? Regardless, H or X should be no difference in difficulty.

Saleen-Explorer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I started a thread on this awhile ago, I'd definitley say have an x-pipe welded in. That way you can make a sound clip for me b/c thats the exact setup I want :D , headers, Borla/Mopar exhaust with an x-pipe welded in.

Should definitley sound awsome with the x-pipe and Borla together.

OP
OP
K

Kurt 97 GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OOPS! I ment to say that an H pipe is easy to install, but really prefer an X pipe. My issue is one of correct fit. The Borla is straight pipe back from the side sill resonators, but can I just purchase an X pipe and put it where the rear mufflers were at one time??

BigCarrot

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wouldn't do either one. I tried an H pipe, and the ONLY thing it did was make my car sound smoother at idle, which I didn't want. I took it out.

Austin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I started a thread on this awhile ago, I'd definitley say have an x-pipe welded in. That way you can make a sound clip for me b/c thats the exact setup I want :D , headers, Borla/Mopar exhaust with an x-pipe welded in.

Should definitley sound awsome with the x-pipe and Borla together.

You selfish bastage! :D I wanna hear to. :cool:

genXgts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: X or H pipe with Borla catback? Need your help!

That's odd Carrot, I dropped my rear **** with a welded in X pipe, more of a )( design and it perked up my 2000+ header, Roe ovals from near stock sound level to an awesome sound, in my opinion. Idle is great, cruising is near stock, and WOT is perfect, not breaking glass windows loud and brash, more of a slightly 'subdued' roar!

BigCarrot

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: X or H pipe with Borla catback? Need your help!

Well yeah, in place of the muffler it will sound great. I just prefer two straight pipes. I like the chunky sound of the uneven firing. It makes the car sound much more aggressive at idle.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
webironmongery