Y2K5SRT ,,,You selling your car?...

ledfoot

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Snooping through the Classifieds,I see a VCA Yellow for sale. Chris from Kansas....Why you selling ? (if it's any of my business)

FrankBarba

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Most likely Chris is purchasing the New Gen III SRT/10 Coupe.

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That has to be his car. He has #50. And the pic is from a series taken in his driveway after VOI I think. I believe that is #1 in the garage. I think he was storing it for a friend after VOI. I'm sure he will chime in but I bet he has a new coupe on order and he is high on the list expecting delivery in the fall so the timing is appropriate to sell. I love the looks of that car with the fade.

FLYNLO

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Haven't you guys heard? The new Vette will run 9s bone stock.

lmao chuck! That seems to be exactly what they are saying over there in the other forums...lol

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Greetings and salutations! Sorry for the delayed reply - I was indeed on vacation for the past couple weeks. Finding icebergs within driving distance of Kansas is no easy feat, but never say "never"...

You must be registered for see images

Now to answer the questions, along with some explanation:

Yes, my car is up for sale.
No, I do not have a Coupe on order.
No, I do not have another Viper lined up.
No, mine is not sold yet - nor am I 100% sure about selling it. As with most everything with everybody - for the right price, yes it is for sale! ;)

I won't get into the gory details (not the time or place), but suffice it to say that circumstances have lead me to "test the waters." My eldest son (above right) is starting college this Sunday and that is one of a few challenges we face. A little juggling is in order and the Viper ball is the heaviest I carry. Not a problem per say, just a little more challenging than I prefer.

The other issue is that while the car has performed flawlessly for me, my neighborhood is filled with constant challenges to the performance throne, including several Vette owners. In order to stay ahead of the soon-to-be-common Z06 that will be looking for me at every turn (with no room for doubt), I need to do some upgrades that I simply cannot budget at this time. I am not going to start whining and have TVC all over my behind, but I have raced more current Z06's than most here - and in completely stock form. I am quite positive that the C6 version will be a very serious challenge for a stock SRT-10. Gearing and traction control will make a novice Z06 driver look pretty damn respectable against all but the best SRT drivers. And a loss is a loss. I do not want to embarass myself or my marquee by losing to a stock Z06. I have no problem with mods, as it seems to work well for bragging rights for just about every other brand out there. But the entry price to assure that "W" on the scorecard for our Viper is just too steep right now. So be it.

I have been laying awake for many weeks about this decision and it is killing me in so many different ways. While my enthusiasm has dropped a notch since the Zone Rendezvous (it was a crushing event), my family's excitement remains at an all-time high. The wife and kids are all in various Viper-wear in the above photo (youngest has a long-sleeve over his MGW t-shirt) and they adore everything about the Viper and the VCA. My eldest set the fastest Viper times at the recent Southwest Rendezvous (on the "owner" course) and Mary loves the car like no other Viper we have ever owned. The side fades were her idea. Yet as the sole breadwinner in the family I have to weigh our options very carefully. I may simply have to sit on the sidelines for a while.

Oh yeah, and one of our local members has asked me help him sell his 2005 VCA Edition SRT-10. He has the #003 car with less than 500 miles on the clock. Bone stock and flawless. He would like to get around $84K for it (#001 went for $90K two months ago). Just as an FYI! :2tu:

Chris

SRTRICKY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Chris,
Hope you enjoyed ur vacation (lets see a few more pictures :D ) ***** that you'll be selling the Viper but I'm sure you'll just end up getting another when its gone! Great to have you back on the forum!
Ricky

don527

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As an enthusiast I gotta say sorry to hear you're thinking of selling... I definitely feel that of the SRT-10 pics seen posted here, that yellow with black fade is one of the coolest ones on the forum and enjoy seeing new pics from you and your posts.

I can definitely understand if it's a matter of finance. I know it would afford me a little breathing room if I sold my toy with kid and stuff. But IMO ya gotta have something to have fun with and relax (and for me it's my car) so if it's not a great part of your decision and your family is all for it, I'd say keep it and enjoy it while you can.

You also express your views on the new Z06 and maybe a bit of disappointment at DC and what lies ahead and it actually sounds like a bigger part of your decision. But I would also have to say... if you're still a Viper fan then IMO driving your Viper is better than no Viper at all. Still wont be no slouch against the newer cars that come out. If you find another brand out there then that's ok too... lot's of exciting cars out there and time is short.

Since you've had this one a bit and I guess you have already absorbed the depreciation on it, hanging on to it and modding it when you can in the future may ultimately be cheaper than waiting on the sidelines and buying newer Viper later... cause it may be harder to get back into it in the future.

Good luck.

don

DSR207

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Chris, the picture above shows your bragging rights and most valuable assets . It took only a week for me here to realize that you're first class, helpful and respectful of all other members. I hope you remain an active member, even if you do sell your Viper. Good luck with your decision
Mike