Yellow Paint?

am.mscl

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have been searching for Gen 2 GTS Vipers and something that seems to be curious to me at least. It appears to be 2 different shades of Yellow on these cars; this is based on pictures on the Internet, I have not seen any in real person yet.
Is this just the lighting that the pictures were taken in or is there actually multiple shades of Yellow?
Thanks
Ray

Zentenk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Slow Yellow and Slower Yellow, I'm usually too far ahead to ask what shade they have.

The slower yellow is lucky to hit the speed limit in a residential neighborhood, down hill with a tailwind and two power adders.

KNG SNKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Slow Yellow and Slower Yellow, I'm usually too far ahead to ask what shade they have.

Ha you have never even seen a yellow Viper, you actually have to get that tug boat out of the parking lot.

As for your question, there is only 1 yellow for the late Gen 2 yellows. It is hard to base on photos on the internet because every camera will capture the image in a different manner.

EllowViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Even when I sprayed mine, the base coat can look different based on the sun angle and panel shape. My side sills look darker sometimes and other times, they match the doors just fine...same for the front facia. Also, the color/pigment of the primer can (will) affect how the base looks once cleared and in the ambient light. I changed from a gray primer/sealer to a white with base color added. With the base color added to the primer/sealer, it made the overall color lighter than spraying over the grey primer. Plain White primer resulted in the brightest overall yellow (stands to reason). With the yellow color-matched primer, the overall shade was just a bit darker than the white primer and that is what I ultimately used.

KNG SNKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is a common problem with the Yellows, a lot of them don't match. From what I was told (I forget my reference but it was one of the Vendors) the Vipers body panels are painted at different places and shipped to CAAP for installation. A lot of the yellows don't match everywhere. My last one didn't match that great and it did not have any paint work done. The vents in the hood definitely didnt match the rest of the hood. I got lucky with my new one, it matches 100% all the way around.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrengine