Youngest Viper Owners Please Reply!!!!

JK-GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No...you brought it back, unless there's something you're not telling us.

"Roses are red,
Violets are blue.
I'm schizophrenic,
And so am I."

Granted I was the first to reply in 6 years LOL - I didn't look at the date when I posted...but if nobody else had replied after me then we couldn't consider it 'brought back' haha ...would have just been a single post :D

I am just very glad to finally be a part of this community - it has been a lifelong goal to own a Viper!

:2tu:

97snk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I m 26 and bought mine about 4 months ago. It's currently being painted pearl white :) with black stripes...

goldcup

Enthusiast
Reaction score
JKGTS you got a great car!!!
Heres a pic of the youngest Viper owner in our region!!!!!He's 5
ACR_caps_030.jpg

RoadiJeff

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Congrats on the purchase. I hope your 401(k) was well funded before you spent any money on something like this. ;)

isanti

Viper Owner
Reaction score
23 when I bought my first RT, have owned 3 since and I am only 24 now... All bought on my own. Currently have 2, will need to sell 1 though.

00SVTdubs

Enthusiast
Reaction score
first one at 23 (same time as my first house purchase too)

25 now and am looking for my third. Going old school this time looking for a nice gen1 after having a few GTS's

Martin2000GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
gold cup and tripleexotica those are great pics, they def. take the crown for youngest potential owners.

danny, you got another asian viper owner here as well haha.

I got my 2000 gts viper in 2004 when I was 21. I put 15k down and I financed the rest. $810.26/month for 5 years.........boy did that ****, I worked a full time job and also part time at home depot for the 5 years of my loan and went to college part time (took me 6.5 years to finish). I just recently paid off my car a few months ago and also quit my part time job at the depot. When I looked at how much money I made at the depot over the 5 years it was exactly how much I spent on the viper! (not including mods, ins, maintenence, etc). It was funny pulling up in my 4 year old viper in the home depot parking lot to make $12/hr. I always parked in the back where the trucks loaded where no one could see it or touch it

Either way....did I pay for the car myself yes......but could I have bought it if I was not living at home for most of the loan?...probabaly not. Free rent is a great thing.

I think as long as you appreciate your car and respect it your good in my book. Wether you bought it with your own money or had it bought for you it dosent matter. Everone is difffernt in the way they grew up. And I have met them all (at least I think) I do think however that many of the people at least (my friends and where I live) inwhich they receive everything at no cost to them, def. dont take care of their stuff as much as someone that paid for every penny of that item. But again everyone is different.

Here is a funny caption/picture of me at a vca event this summer.
northofboston's Photos : Popular Photos : Pelham: Seated in the end car of a long line-up of similar rides, Martin Distelbrink, 26, of Peabody, laughs when he talks about the viper he's owned since he was 21. "I live paycheck to paycheck." he says. "

Another thing I realized is its getting easier to afford a "viper". Not sure if this thread has to do with the young affording an expensive car or of its about a young persons desire to specifically own a "viper" <- thats me
I have a few friends now buying vipers for around 30k. Even at 25/26 years old is it really impressive to buy a "$30k car" I mean how many people do you see driving around new f150's, ford explorers, mini vans, etc that all cost the same amount of money......
When I was 18 I bought a 1997c5 vette (in 2001) I paid 27k for the car. People would always ask me at a gas station "how do you afford that" meanwhile they are filling up their brand new $35k minivan up..... Its all perception as people see a viper rolling down the road they think its its a $!00k car wether its 15 years old or 1 year old.

Owning a 4 year old viper at 21 felt great. However it didnt really "help" me in other aspects. As I never picked up a girl because of my car, infact it worked in the opposite direction for me lol, as it made me look like some spoiled rich kid....which im not ($12/hr at home depot living at home with his parents) and I believe that most people just completly assumed it wasent my car or that it was given to me. It got to the point where people wouldnt even ask me, it was just understood that it wasent mine....even though it was....either way, I bought my car for me and my love and appreciation for american sports cars.

Im 26 now and still have my viper. I just ran into another incident with my viper a few days ago. I was leaving autozone and walked towards my car and see a bunch of kids looking at my car. They all look at me and start to laugh.....I ask whats so funny....they say "we were wondering who owns this car and assumed it was some rich young kid".....so I say wow, actually its mine and i paid for it my self, and I have the title to it.....they then ask me where I live....I said "west peabody" and they all laughed again....again i said whats so funny....they said ....we all assumed it was some young kid from "west peabody".... I then looked at them and smiled as i got into the viper and burned rubber for a good 40 feet hopefully ******* them with every possible lose gravel that was in that parking lot.:usa:

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was 23 when I bought my Viper in 05', I refused to be considered "over the hill", so instead of turning 25 in 2006, I now count backwards on birthdays. I am now a very youthful 20! I can legally start drinking again next year!!! :D I am sure I am the ONLY person who is younger now than they were when they bought their Viper. You old geezers!!!

TAILWAG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
hmmm...buying is one thing, owning is a different story (90% of the time the bank owns it). Congrats to all of you guys that have gotten yours through hard work and effort (hell, even to those who didn't, congrats).

In my experience, people that brag about how much money they have or how much stuff they own, don't really have any or pretty much depend on their bank/s as the financial institutions own all their stuff. I am just saying... :)

FLATOUT

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Yep agree 31 and own mine:2tu: Had a bunch of vettes and a Lotus Esprit thrown in there when I was younger that I carried big payments on. This time around instead of putting all my cash down on an 08 and still carrying a payment I decided to pay for an 03 in cash. Best choice I ever made with a car.:2tu:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper