your thoughts on my mod list.

c65491

Viper Owner
Reaction score
hey guys, ive been thinking about selling my 08 to get the new GEN5

but changed my mind. im keeping it.

ive done a lot of research but i still need your thoughts

1) belanger complete exhaust, no cats ( was debating the corsa, i have the corsa cat back on my z06 it sounds mean)
2) k&n filter
3) mopar pcm
4) 410 gears , not sure about this one
5) NOS, i saw the thread where " plumcrazy" gave some good insights about it ,but still not sure if its OK with my mod list and if someone else tried it on an GEN4

and where to install them . im located in dc/va area

thanks in advanced

01sapphirebob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
NOS I believe has never been done a GEN IV. At least I personally have not seen it. Belangers seem pretty popular (I have considered them myself). MOPAR PCM is a must for any engine mods to a GEN IV. some have done things withou it but from what I have heard the SRT engineers say its only a matter of time. The K&N kit would be a wasted mod IMO. The SRT engineers spent lots of time on the air box on the GEN IV and have said its the best you can get.

There is A LOT of power to be gained from porting the intake manifold and heads on the GEN IV. Something I may consider doing since I am hangin onto my GEN IV as well. Something to consider. :)
Either way...good luck.

Ray W

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Depending on the price of the Gen V I may not sell my Gen IV either. The only mod I haven't done yet is the ported manifold and I am already at 600rwhp. So....headers,yes. With or without mufflers or cats base it on how much noise you can stand. Probably the best combo would be headers,no cats and stock mufflers. K-N,yes. Mopar pcm you will need it. Ported manifold,yes. 4.10 gears no. Would not go higher than 3.55. Without using supersticky tires the stock 3.07's will be quicker but those 3.55's will make it fun to drive. NOS has been tried but without success. The computer doesn't like it.

challenger&viper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I heard DC made a NOS kit for a customer in Bahrain, but never heard if the kit worked perfectly or not.

Note: I see an increasing number of GenIV owners looking to mod their vipers. I hope SRT can provide a solution on how to tune the Gen IV computer.

AFL in NJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know a vendor who sells a 700hp kit, which I believe include: ACR-X headers, Mopar ECU, lower intake porting and a tune.

Regards,
Aaron

SlayerLS1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As long as you like it loud, the belanger exhaust sounds incredible. Just got the full exhaust with cats and I love it.

Reaction score
The full Belanger exhaust is very boomy inside the car so if you drive any lengthy trips you will hate it. The Corsa is the only one that eliminates this issue. The gears will make the car seem quicker, but will require a lot of "extra" attention to what you are doing and I doubt you will need to go as deep as a 410. I tried stock, 3.73, 3.55 and although the 3.73 was a hoot to drive (with a Quaife and a Giken) the 3.55 was a better all around choice. I would still think about the diff change if you go that route also.

No NOS and no K&N is my vote, won't work and not needed.

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a new 08-10 power package coming out that has headers, ported manifold, high flow side exhaust and a Nitrous option!

675 Rwhp and 775 ft-lbs of torque

ViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
New tires? Track tires? Slicks?

+spend some money on driving schools and track time...best investment (& mod - so to speak).
600hp is enough to go down the straights at a very high rate of speed...corners too!
Have fun:drive:

mbccenter

Legacy Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
better hury our header sale ends Monday and we have some stupid low price on the gen 4.

gb66gth

Enthusiast
Reaction score
New tires? Track tires? Slicks?

+spend some money on driving schools and track time...best investment (& mod - so to speak).
600hp is enough to go down the straights at a very high rate of speed...corners too!
Have fun:drive:

I agree 100%

SlayerLS1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The full Belanger exhaust is very boomy inside the car so if you drive any lengthy trips you will hate it.

I just drove 3 hours with it....didn't bother me. If you really wanted to, you could downshift into 5th and the car becomes practically silent around 2,000 RPM. I just left it in 6th though. :dunno:

OP
OP
C

c65491

Viper Owner
Reaction score
thanks guys, im keeping my gen4 and still getting the gen5 , i hope it does not exceed 130!!

im a good driver no need for school lol but thanks.

no one gave me a good shop near VA/DC area?

mbccenter you got a pm .

OP
OP
C

c65491

Viper Owner
Reaction score
went with belanger headers , and aero cat back from GTS-R001

steve was very helpful ,

headers werent in stock but ,guaranteed to me a delivery for balenger headers in 14 days.

still thinking about the NOS kit . for future plans

if anyone knows a good shop near DC/VA area let me know

thanks

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here is our "Absolute PSI" NOS gen 4 kit up close

CSC_2265.JPG

And the Dyno graph

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics