You've got Classic Coca Cola -- why not Classic Viper ?

David

Viper Owner
Reaction score
You\'ve got Classic Coca Cola -- why not Classic Viper ?

Coca Cola tried to change Coke -- and it backfired -- so you now have "Classic" Coke. If Coca Cola did it, can DC do it too? The original Viper design was so curvaceous and outrageous that it was literally burnt into the minds of a whole generation of sports car enthusiasts. What DC might not fully appreciate, is that once people have "imprinted" on this image, changing the body styling makes the car a non-Viper in their minds... It's an imposter -- no longer the ideal. I know that it's highly unlikely that the older design can continue in production given the limited facilities. But, cranking out a few dozen once a year for a premium -- is that doable?

Viper Wizard

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: You\'ve got Classic Coca Cola -- why not Classic Viper ?

THANK YOU DAVID!
cool.gif

joe117

Enthusiast
Reaction score

The Vettes, over the years, came out with radical changes from one gen to the next, C1 thru C5. People seemed to get used to seeing the new ones over time. I remember the C2 coming out and how people went nuts over it. It was a big change. I see the new Viper as more of change along the lines of the C4 to C5 change. I think we should start talking V1 and V2 as shorthand for the two Viper gens. I don't think what we now call gen1 and gen2 are enough of a change to qualify as a V number all their own. Anyway, I think folks will take to the new V2 as more of them are on the road and in the public eye.

Bonkers

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score

Trying to start a re-V-olution there Joe?

The corvette is a different story though (admittingly not by much.) I didn't like the C5 when I first saw it (*** is way to big) but I give it credit... it still reeks of C4 and maintains its aura. If you compared the C1 to the C3 or the C3 to the C5 you would have a much better comparison.

The thing is that no one argues that the Viper platform needed a little updating, but to revolutionize the design was totally uncalled for.

I think what a lot of us are worried about is DC abandoning us for a different type of Viper owner. I don't want this car to evolve into a fashion statement. I want people to earn their title of Viper Owner just like everyone here has and that's by sweating on rain slick roads and puckering up after hitting that sand patch on that high speed turn. I have a feeling the moniker will no longer be the deciding factor between driver and poser...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jpolen21