Zero altitude flight side sill covers

Mopar Boy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have those snappy side sill covers from zero altitude flight I believe the manufacturer to be. They were on the car when I got it.

I need to remove my side sills to do my cats. I gather the 5 screws are under that piece.

My question is, what holds the covers on? Is it just 2 sided tape or some sort of slide lock system?

Thanks

Robert

SYNFULL

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure it's tape. I have similar covers and didn't think about what a pain in the butt it would be if I need to take the sills off. Maybe a heat gun and some gentle pulling will save them for use again.

AZTVR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd suggest going to their website contact page and asking them what would be the best way to remove them.

If there is access around the plates, I'd think that a way to do it would be to get them hot and then try to work some high tensile strength fishing line or possibly string trimmer line underneath while holding the ends of the line on either side of the plate. Then kind of move it back and forth while pulling it forward. Just a suggestion, since I haven't tried to do it myself. I probably read about this technique somewhere.

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'd suggest going to their website contact page and asking them what would be the best way to remove them.

If there is access around the plates, I'd think that a way to do it would be to get them hot and then try to work some high tensile strength fishing line or possibly string trimmer line underneath while holding the ends of the line on either side of the plate. Then kind of move it back and forth while pulling it forward. Just a suggestion, since I haven't tried to do it myself. I probably read about this technique somewhere.

That method works for cutting the polybutylene that holds in our windshields.

Ted

OP
OP
M

Mopar Boy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I see. Those answers are the ones I was kinda afraid of!;)

Was still hoping for a few invisible screws!:rolleyes:

Thanks for the thoughts!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
potterb4