?Zero Interest Loans, More Discounts, Monday 1/26?

TAILWAG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Zero Interest Loans, More Discounts, IN EFFECT

I am not saying they are not low enough. I was not sure if it was a rebated price or a fixed price. I have already seen many Viper for invoice, I was confused about the EP. Glad to see the incentive is not a rebate to get the cars down to EP.

Question. So once the program is over...honestly who is going to be willing (knowing that incentives were available for 2009s in the first month of 2009) to pay anything near MSRP in the short term?

Answer. Everyone that is financially irresponsible and willing to buy if they can get the financing to do so... :dunno: and that is how we got here in the first place...

CarDude

Enthusiast
Reaction score

This is my concern. If...and lucky I mean only if, I need to sell one of mine , I am then forced to compete with Dodge. As you can see their pricing effects the used car pricing, cuz who in their right mind is going to buy a used version of a car they can buy new for a few grand more. Hence this person must drop their used price to an unbelieveble one. It hurts just to look at.

Some are angry with me because I don't seem to appreciate what I have...on the contrary...I am just notorius for trading vehicles quite often, but with this economy that is likely to cease. A am truly glad I recently changed almost the whole fleet... except for that ancient Cooperhead. Good thing I let my wife take it :D. Now she is trying to take the SSG...:mad: Dang sharing marriage crap. As its said from most any wife, "Whats mine is mine and whats his is mine."

Cop Magnet

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Two VOI X cars on eBay for 74,900. Still a premium but a whole lot more reasonable.

CarDude, honestly, when I responded to your post earlier in the thread I did not even realize you were the same guy I responded to in the other thread. So I wasn't attacking your deliberately. Maybe my response was similar because the content of the other post was similar, hence it seemed like I was on a mission or something.

Stilll, I think that Dodge is doing what they have to in the current market. Yes, this will force people who already own cars to drop their prices if they have to sell. But Dodge's mission is to sell cars, not protect the people who already own them. When it works out for both, yes of course that's best. The way it stands *****, but its the nature of the game. Just like my 2001 held it's (used) value well until the '08's came out, then dropped like a rock. Can't blame Chrysler for coming out with a better model any more than I can blame them for selling cars cheap.

Also, I do not think Chrysler is faultless in all of this. They could have marketed the Viper much more strongly. When I look at the current C/D and how enamored the magazine is with the ZR1 it is shameful. The Viper performs as well or better than the Murci, ZR1, and SL65AMG, but ranks 4th. Why not a ACR to compete with the ZR1? I don't know, but it's Dodge that lets the media get away with this. They should be developing ties to the media, advertising the Viper in print, marketing, and pushing the product as the all-around king of the road. The appearances in magazine after magazine of the ZR1 is no coincidence. It's part of a conscious marketing effort by GM, something we don't have. Even their own SRT web site buries the Viper. Our poor engineers have to pay their own way to Germany to break a world record. The only example of brand recognition I can even remotely think of was the appearance in "Wanted". This is the real reason that the ZR1 is selling at a premium and the Viper is being sold at discount. If you want to be pissed, this is the best reason.

VIPER R

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Stopped by a dealer in SoCal yesterday, had his price tag on two 2009 vipers, $129,000

06blueviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A rag top thats also seen snow and ice, $57k sounds high. I think owners are just teed off that these deals were not available when they bought their Viper and paid the ridiculous premium. Glad I waited til now.

Maybe some owners are teed off that they didn't wait, but not me. Realistically, the car I traded for my Viper back in '06 would have been worth $20K less now, anyway, so even if I'd held on to that car, I would have still lost money. A car is a depreciating asset. Gallardos are selling for half of their original value. And don't even look at Mercedes AMG original MSRPs compared to what they are selling for now. $120K Mercedes going for $60K 2 yrs later is absurd.

All in all, it's a shame that all luxury and exotic cars have lost so much value, but so has everything else. I'm more "teed off" about my home value and my 401K plumetting than my car.

Hindsight is 20/20, of course, and if we could all go back 3 years, we could have delayed our Viper purchases, sold our homes at the market peak, rented 1 bedroom apts, driven beaters, moved money out of our 401Ks and hoarded cash for the last few years until the market reached a bottom, but even knowing what I know now, I can't say that I would have done anything differently.

I've enjoyed the things I've owned and although they've lost some value from what they were once worth, they are still worth what I paid for them (to me)...

Janni

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Maybe some owners are teed off that they didn't wait, but not me. Realistically, the car I traded for my Viper back in '06 would have been worth $20K less now, anyway, so even if I'd held on to that car, I would have still lost money. A car is a depreciating asset. Gallardos are selling for half of their original value. And don't even look at Mercedes AMG original MSRPs compared to what they are selling for now. $120K Mercedes going for $60K 2 yrs later is absurd.

All in all, it's a shame that all luxury and exotic cars have lost so much value, but so has everything else. I'm more "teed off" about my home value and my 401K plumetting than my car.

Hindsight is 20/20, of course, and if we could all go back 3 years, we could have delayed our Viper purchases, sold our homes at the market peak, rented 1 bedroom apts, driven beaters, moved money out of our 401Ks and hoarded cash for the last few years until the market reached a bottom, but even knowing what I know now, I can't say that I would have done anything differently.

I've enjoyed the things I've owned and although they've lost some value from what they were once worth, they are still worth what I paid for them (to me)...

:2tu:

Bravo.

albinonile

Enthusiast
Reaction score

amen! +1

seriously--if you guys are upset--go take you viper out for a drive for an afternoon---watch as people point and stare---listen to the engine-feel the torque as you accelerate---

repeat as needed until anger and resentment are gone

Martin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
One thing that I find somewhat ironic is that, just a few months ago when the economy was 'good', I must have read a couple dozen threads with people bashing 'stealerships' for not budging from MSRP for the cars because the demand was there. Now, the economy is horrible, the cars are either sitting on lots eating into profit, or getting sold for way below MSRP - and people are bashing Chrysler for lowering prices to create demand and move inventory. I know there are a lot of people who post here, and odds are that the same people aren't involved in posting to both sides of this situation, but it's interesting and ironic nonetheless.

On a related note, I'm stuck in a situation where I would normally jump at the chance to get one of these cars at the prices they're going for today, but the economy has got me as spooked as anyone else. I've already got a Viper that I love, but I'd love to add a new ACR to the garage. Unfortunately for me (fortunate for ACR owners) the ACRs are just expensive enough to ring the 'holy crud, do I really need this?' alarm in my head :) My accountant tells me I should just pay down my mortgage, get it into the confoming range, refi, and then use the money saved in monthly payments to buy my ACR. Damn accountants and delayed gratification...

FastGuy68

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Call me crazy :omg: but if a car was selling well why would they make it available at EP? I got a feeling any SRT product is not moving well except the ACR Viper.

ViperCr8zy

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The deal with the ACR might be just that Dodge buids far fewer, has constrained them, and most are not spec cars ordered by dealers to floorplan. It may not necessarily be that they are moving that well...anybody have current '09 ACR order figures? The parts cost (at least replacement pricing) are horrendous, and one would think that all that CF, suspension work, etc would cost more and take more time as well to install. My ACR sat from its August built to October before it was completed at Prefix, and many seem to go through a similar cycle - that doesn't sound cheap to have nearly complete iron sitting around. I'd think an aero car at EP would represent one heck of a value today with much of the ACR look minus the suspension, brakes and wheels, and next in line would be any striped car at EP.

On the Challenger SRT8, I looked at buying one at EP on Monday, but have decided against it. Quite frankly, I didn't see EP dropping the cost to the point that I felt I needed to jump or miss the boat. Also, you can spec a 2010 Camaro with the 2SS package and have a machine in close comparison with the Challenger SRT8 for $8-$9K less (ok, so I like all cars :crazy2:). I have my eye on an '08 Shelby GT convertible that my dealer has been sitting on since last March. He's real anxious to get rid of any car that bears 2 stickers, one for $10k more than list, off his lot - says people constantly think he's selling the car for $10k and get mad when that's in addition to sticker :rolaugh:

viperpalmer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
EP plus most of the kickback from chrysler on my remaining two 09 Vipers.
09 white/blue with Aero package- 103,410= EP(including doc fee)-kickback=88667=Almost 15k off.
09 VOI10- 100,335=EP(including doc fee)-kickback=86223. 14k off.
Thank you for your support,
Jared O'Brien
Palmer Dodge
404-423-2497

WANTED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
WOW, Palmer Dodge is dealing!!!!!!!!!! I don't see any other
dealer on this site doing what they are offering. If they
had a 09 graphite ACR w red strip I would be making a
call. Yes I know no EP on a ACR but I would be willing
to bet a GREAT DEAL could be had on one.

JMHO

viperpalmer

Enthusiast
Reaction score

JMHO

That is funny you should mention that. I have an order on one of those in. It is still being built but if you are in still in the market when it gets here, I will give you a call.
Thank you,
Jared O'Brien
Palmer Dodge
404-423-2497

ViperCr8zy

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Why not make the deal today WANTED and get your name on that sweet machine!

dtenney

Enthusiast
Reaction score

JMHO

Something like this:
You must be registered for see images

If so you will love the car. It conitnues to amaze me.
-David

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Dealers are subject to audits and if a program is claimed prior to an actual date it begins , then they are subject to fines and forfeit of said program. If they want to claim that they are doing things prior to official announcement, fine, but a date that something becomes official, is what Chrysler pays off of.

Those claiming they bought vehicles last week at 0% and EP are blowing smoke as the program did not exist -- can't get what doesn't exist.

We are selling Challengers , Vipers, and everything that is eligible for EP at such, but Jared, my note to you was a helpful note to protect yourself, as the SRT8 was not on the Vin matrix or eligible for anything until the 27th. Challengers ( excl. SRT8 ) was the notation on the 26th, and on the 27th a line was added with the SRT8 eligible.

Respectfully,
Bill Pemberton
Woodhouse ,Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, Viper
1-800-889-1893
cell 402-677-5864

WANTED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Something like this:

If so you will love the car. It conitnues to amaze me.
-David

That is the baddest, meanest VIPER from the factory that
I have ever seen! :headbang:

dtenney

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Last edited:

dtenney

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Few more shots from the track:
You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

-David

OP
OP
J

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
....... Glad I waited til now.......

Im very happy for 4500+ views on this 1-week-old thread, which got some mental wheels turning, and which SEEMS to have spawned some Viper Sales, and maybe even a few Challengers too !

VCA is still helping the parent!

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So my wife said if I get a job soon, we can get a second viper. She's been eyeing a white/blue SRT but I think any '08 would be fine. With 0% financing, employee discount, cashback and I just read where the gov is trying to pass a tax break on car purchases...I'm not certain what else could be thrown in to sweeten the ***. If any of dealers out there can help me find a job, I will order our next viper from you. :D

VIPER GTSR 91

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Im very happy for 4500+ views on this 1-week-old thread, which got some mental wheels turning, and which SEEMS to have spawned some Viper Sales, and maybe even a few Challengers too !

VCA is still helping the parent!
Excellent thread Jon and it made me buy a brand new 09 aero coupe Viper yesterday. Thanks for the Corsa exhaust sale too. A clear 3m bra is being applied tomorrow to facia and front of hood and when I get it home I will post pix. White with Blue stripes. Black int. Mark.

Last edited: