ZR1 Scalping

aries

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So I'm out for a cruise and what do I see in front of me but a new ZR1 vette. As I go to pass him he guns it, so now it's on!! (I don't know what he had done but it had at least an exhaust because it was pretty loud) So I downshift to 3rd, he's already got about a three car length lead on me, and nail it. Needless to say I ran him down and went by him by the time I topped 4th. He can along beside me with a rather puzzled look on his face. :) Life is good. ha ha ha

VIPER GTSR 91

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey that is my wifes car and we were not out that day !! LOL an old post reference. You must have mods or he let off as a ZR1 is not easily beaten.

OP
OP
A

aries

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey that is my wifes car and we were not out that day !! LOL an old post reference. You must have mods or he let off as a ZR1 is not easily beaten.

Ha ha ha, let off??? I don;t think so. Yeah, I have a "few" tweaks done to mine. :D

FastestBusaAround

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just love all the smack talk that no one can prove...the OP sounds much like that other guy who got busted a while back...

Beating a ZR1 with which gen Viper was it now? How many ponies are you running in that Viper of yours?

shooter_t1

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
I just love all the smack talk that no one can prove...the OP sounds much like that other guy who got busted a while back...

Beating a ZR1 with which gen Viper was it now? How many ponies are you running in that Viper of yours?

Jeez, obviously his car is not stock. Now, just need a post from your boyfriend 1bad, and the vette fanboi post's will be complete:lmao:

OP
OP
A

aries

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Wow, our first hater of the thread. To answer your question I have a gen 3 with a stroked 540ci supercharged engine puting down conservatively (I say that because the guy who did the final tune said it kept spinning the tires on his dyno) 700hp/700lb tq. Any more questions?

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
aries isnt bragging as much as having fun. he knows he SHOULD beat the ZR1....

it is fun watching the other guys shake their heads in disbelief

BlackSnake99

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow, our first hater of the thread. To answer your question I have a gen 3 with a stroked 540ci supercharged engine puting down conservatively (I say that because the guy who did the final tune said it kept spinning the tires on his dyno) 700hp/700lb tq. Any more questions?

This. It's a bad b***h. Busa, you need to not sound off if you don't know what you are talking about.

OP
OP
A

aries

Enthusiast
Reaction score
aries isnt bragging as much as having fun. he knows he SHOULD beat the ZR1....

it is fun watching the other guys shake their heads in disbelief

Exactly, I have fun even when I don't win. It just car guys having fun. Hell the most surprising race I had was with a Cadillac CTS-V that definatley wasn't stock, after we stopped and checked out each others cars and had a good time. It's all in fun. :)

2BADD-4U

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Exactly, I have fun even when I don't win. It just car guys having fun. Hell the most surprising race I had was with a Cadillac CTS-V that definatley wasn't stock, after we stopped and checked out each others cars and had a good time. It's all in fun. :)

Thats right on aries :cool:

viperDoug

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Aries and I had some fun on the way back from the crab feast a month ago and his car is very fast. Mine is stock except for exhaust and he ran away from me several times. HE is not bragging here but just showing he had some fun. There are some people who are way too sensitive for normal car talk.

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Aries and I had some fun on the way back from the crab feast a month ago and his car is very fast. Mine is stock except for exhaust and he ran away from me several times. HE is not bragging here but just showing he had some fun. There are some people who are way too sensitive for normal car talk.

Made a slight addition to your post:

There are some people who are way too sensitive for normal car talk especially when their precious little Corvette gets smoked like a turkey on Thanksgiving

Dads Toy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
nice kill. that would of been cool to catch on a video. I can't imagine that the Viper and ZR1 would be in the same place at the same time and be able to run.

compcoupe21

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think he expressed his inquiry using the wrong approach. I myself was curious about your car aries and what work was done b/c a ZR1 is far from a slouch! You must be a good driver too b/c with all that power you could easily have spun the tires and gotten beat but you proved your snake worthiness, great job!!:2tu: I just dropped the oil in my ACR for the break in so now I look forward to driving it the way you drive yours!!

Kala

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So I'm out for a cruise and what do I see in front of me but a new ZR1 vette. As I go to pass him he guns it, so now it's on!! (I don't know what he had done but it had at least an exhaust because it was pretty loud) So I downshift to 3rd, he's already got about a three car length lead on me, and nail it. Needless to say I ran him down and went by him by the time I topped 4th. He can along beside me with a rather puzzled look on his face. :) Life is good. ha ha ha

Aries, congrats :2tu:

Dude... You gotta read the first couple of pages of the LanceRomance thread... I think you'll understand why some are giving you a hard time... :rolaugh:

FLL-B/W-GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So play with a ZR1 with a pully,headers and a tune and see who scalps who.Just Saying.

2008 Viper Coupe
2009 C6 ZR1(Bumped Up)
2010 Ford SVT Raptor 6.2

OP
OP
A

aries

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So play with a ZR1 with a pully,headers and a tune and see who scalps who.Just Saying.

2008 Viper Coupe
2009 C6 ZR1(Bumped Up)
2010 Ford SVT Raptor 6.2

blah blah blah blah blah blah blah. Well my cousin's friends boyfriends sisters aunts husband has a 502ci supercharged, nitrous pinto that would beat you. :rolleyes: Is this how we play this game?

FLL-B/W-GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Both the Viper and ZR1 are Bad Axxx.That is why many Viper owners have both.You are correct,it is all fun.Drive American muscle cars and trucks.

OP
OP
A

aries

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Both the Viper and ZR1 are Bad Axxx.That is why many Viper owners have both.You are correct,it is all fun.Drive American muscle cars and trucks.

Definatley. By no means is my car the fastest thing around, far from it, but it's fun to show what it can do. :)

BTW, I'm serious about that Pinto, it's bad ass........or is it a Honda crx, hmmmmm. YouTube - Honda CRX Big Block V8 ha ha ha

FastestBusaAround

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Made a slight addition to your post:

There are some people who are way too sensitive for normal car talk especially when their precious little Corvette gets smoked like a turkey on Thanksgiving
Sure - but I'm not a fanboy, like some (many) here. I have both cars...and mostly all I hear about here, is how you all eat Vettes blah blah blah...when in fact many here just dream about it and are just Lance Romance wannabe's. You sound like the idiots on the Vette boards who claim they eat Busa's and ZX14's

Ya, I was rough in my first post, because I hear that same blah blah blah "I ate a Vette" bullsh!t all the time on this site.

So he's running 700RWHP. So, maybe he can beat a ZR1 (maybe)...but with a ZR1's gearing and slight weight advantage - it'd be a tough run for a Viper at best - certainly not a "run away" from it. Oh and BNTW, a ZR1 with a few bolt on's and a tune will put out that same 700 RWHP...so no big deal.

You can blah blah all you want about "precious little Corvettes" as you put it...(typical of some of you brand loyal fanboy types here), but bottom line, Vipers are no faster than Vettes. Most here won't even make it to the end at the same time as the Vette anyway...losing to the Vette.

Do you own a ZR1 or a Z06? I do, and a Gen IV Viper. I can make statements about both...so until you have them both in your garage at the same time - Yippee Kay Yay! (Google that...)

Bottom line - it'a a pile of **** without proof...and if you're gonna write things like "ZR1 Scalping" - be prepared to eat a whole lot of **** from others who simply don't believe that garbage.

"Gee - I beat a Gen IV Viper with my Z06....I have no proof, but I was just having fun and he was real surprised...blah blah blah...sounds stupid huh? Cuz it IS.:eater: