00 acr shock setup

DonMc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
does anyone have a good starting point for the adjustable shock settings on 00 acr for road racing?? i checked archives but only found info on 01 setup

Henry Cone

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don and Kevin, you guys think alike. Don's car is a 2000 Steel Grey with Silver Stripes ACR. He also has a TNT cat back (though he also has TNT headers). Small world!!!

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by DonMc:
does anyone have a good starting point for the adjustable shock settings on 00 acr for road racing?? i checked archives but only found info on 01 setup
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

On the 2000 ACR,........... The MDH Matters. Some time in early June '00, the ACR switched shocks from the Koni-Rattlers to the DSI remotes.... So URGENT:

Be sure the # settings you get are for a comparably equipped ACR!

Kevin ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
To all that I sent the set up to, Jon brings up a good point. The information is for the Koni shocks.

The following is the original post that I saved, if anyone else is interested.

Re: ACR Shock adjustment info - info gathered from Mumford,Mayes, Gomez, McCann info even better.

Posted by Bill Pemberton on Saturday, 30 September 2000, at 9:41 a.m., in response to ACR Shock adjustment info, posted by Dave Golder on Thursday, 28 September 2000, at 8:45 p.m.

Probably the very best settings have been found by some extremely successful racers. The settings courtesy of Paul Mumford ( yes, he really is fast ), Brett Mayes, Tony Gomez ( won the Viper - Vette Shootout in Florida this year ) , and McCann Racing ( check out Viper Days results to see how fast Mike and Jim McCann are), are different from the article, but have been proven on the track. Courtesy of these gentleman ( particularily Mumford ) the settings are as follows: Lower the car no more than 3/4 of an inch - bottoms out to often at 1 inch. Corner weight and do competition alignment Set compression at 3 all the way around Set front rebound at 2, and rear rebound at 4. The key, according to Mumford, is to lower the rebound as the shocks pack up pretty easily on a bumpy track. Settings like this enabled Tony Gomez to run amuk over the Vette guys and even Viper Instructors. Mumford went 3 secs. faster than when set at the articles settings. Quite often when something new comes out, it takes a couple of years to find the truly optimal set-up. I think these gentleman, with the level of skill they possess, have found the set-up that will be optimal in most situations.

OP
OP
D

DonMc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
thanks..not sure why i didn't find it searching the archive but appreciate the repost

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960