01 brake components???

99t1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Are the front rotors on an 01 ACR the same as the 96 rotors?

Is anyone making a performance pad for the new rear caliper?

If not, it's back to Carbotech. They were the first company (that I knew of) making performance pads for the 96 GTS in the fall of 96. They custom make them using the factory plates with Hawk HT-9.

Any feedback on the ABS performance under extreme track conditions?

Reaction score
To answer your questions:
--Yes, the front rotors are the same (as are the calipers)
--Yes, Porterfield makes pads for the rear caliper (actually, it's the same as a '93-'97 T-bird backing plate) R-4 & R4S
--Yes, the ABS performs amazingly well on a track. Make sure you keep the temperatures down, though. I had a massive malfunction on the track with my ABS, but Dodge isn't sure if it was specific to my car or a flaw in the system. Best bet is to get some air to front rotors and not run too many consecutive hard laps.

OP
OP

99t1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks Paul.

I'm soooooo ready to stop flat spotting front right Hoosiers!

I was planning on running many consecutive hard laps so I would like to know about your "massive malfunction".

Thanks in advance,

Morgan
[email protected]

ACR Joe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would love for someone to step up and offer a factory ABS retrofit kit for all Gen II cars. I am aware that aftermarket kits are available, however, my interest is limited to OEM when in comes to ABS. I too loathe flat spotting the front tires.

Say what you will but for street use, an ABS equipped car is vastly superior to the same car without ABS. I'd bet hundreds of Gen II owners would step up to ABS given the right (OEM) opportunity.

If a tree falls in the forest ......

David Jenkins

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We did have a "slight" malfunction with Paul's car.The car has a rt. wheel sensor fault with no ABS light. We'll give you the details as soon as we have the answers to why it happend. Although Paul was happy with his $12.95 LIFETIME WARRANTY Kragen specials, we have the street and track compounds for the '01 rear in stock.dj

Reaction score
Lets just say that Dodge is taking the "slight" problem very seriously and you better keep your brakes relatively cool unless you like the taste of concrete. I was running brake temperatures far higher than most people ever encounter and that's where the problem consistently arose. Just get some air to the rotors, good fluid and don't stay out on the track until you see smoke coming off the rotors.

We'll let you know more when we figure out what is really going on...but it isn't a cause for concern unless you cross 900 degree rotor temperatures.

GTS Dean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I get 1100F+ on the fronts and 750F+ at the rear of my car. As was the case with Adeldouche's last track outing on his new setup, I was having so much fun stopping reliably at TWS last fall that I spent a little bit **too much time** on the brakes instead of closing the time gap between myself and you, Mumford.

Then again, my car doesn't have ABS..... Stock calipers, stock pistons, stock rotors, Brakeman pads, AP600 fluid, Porsche deflectors and no spring.

Reaction score
I was running Porsche deflectors, Motul 600, Hawk HT-8 (front) and AutoZone $12 specials in the rear (no trackside vendors stocked the '01 rears). The Albany lifetime warranty rear pads I'm sure contributed to the additional heat up front, but if you are running 1100 degrees up front and have an '01 I'd pull the ABS fuse pronto until we figure this out. Either that or keep the doors unlocked so you can jump out when the brakes fail.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960