05 and 06 possible recall coming

chorps

Enthusiast
Reaction score
if it is 2 or 200 it should not matter, especially if you are one of the 2, plus since it is such an iconic "super" car I would nip this "issue" quick especially since the number of effected cars is so small, if they want people to spend over 100K on a new one then they need to take care of the older ones too, or why take the chance, plenty of other choices out there for 100k with no issues

It does matter because it may not be a factory issue. A proper investigation needs to be done on how and why there is a failure rather than a knee-**** reaction that is so common.

If the suspension components were damaged after they left the factory because of things like securing the vehicle over the suspension components or service techs hammering on the suspension arms, would that necessitate a recall of every vehicle out there?

If the component or system is improperly designed or produced that is one thing, but if it is used/abused in an unintended manner I don't think a recall should be issued.

The biggest problem is that suspension components might be damaged without the owner's knowledge (or the owner does not know it can be damaged), leading to a failure/crash, so I think a service bulletin needs to be put out as a minimum with a way to inspect for damage.

Thousands of cars have been made and put on the road for years with very few having this issue, so recalling all of them without proper review is premature, imo. Also, beefing up components makes the vehicle heavier, and sports cars should be light, and thus by definition, sports cars are less overbuilt than trucks.

ACRucrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There may have been 2 reported, but there have been more than 2 shown on this forum alone. I have never known another car where this is a concern. The fact that there are aftermarket brackets for "just in case" means something..

bluesrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
most cars have iron knuckles, vipers are weight saveing material,thats strong but when smacked hard they break, so if you smack these viper knuckles, they will snap- period- i would rather the knuckle snap rather than twist up a bunch of parts,break a rear end, and bend the frame possibly. thats the deal, they are tough, but when hit just right,they are going to break

Drew

Enthusiast
Reaction score
^^^^^^seeing as most cars are written off when the knuckles break, comment makes no sense.

Due diligence, if you have miles on your car, and they are still intact, if your concerned - replace them. They are less than 500 bucks aside, can't see the bill being more than 2000 to replace. To me, that would be cheep insurance for piece of mind.

bluesrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
^^^^^^seeing as most cars are written off when the knuckles break, comment makes no sense.

Due diligence, if you have miles on your car, and they are still intact, if your concerned - replace them. They are less than 500 bucks aside, can't see the bill being more than 2000 to replace. To me, that would be cheep insurance for piece of mind.
i broke a rear one after hard impact to it, im glad it broke or i would have had frame damage and rear end damaged guarateed- the knuckle took alot of the energy breaking- if the knuckle would have not broke, i know from 30 years of automotive knowlege, a ton more problems like the frame would have been toast

Drew

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Karma's a B, I broke a Knuckle after a hard impact after writing my above comment. I now appreciate the fact it braking saved my frame. Amazing how perspective changes when crap happens.
You must be registered for see images attach
You must be registered for see images attach

i broke a rear one after hard impact to it, im glad it broke or i would have had frame damage and rear end damaged guarateed- the knuckle took alot of the energy breaking- if the knuckle would have not broke, i know from 30 years of automotive knowlege, a ton more problems like the frame would have been toast

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte