06 coupes

Reaction score
I have noticed that up till a week ago there were lots of 06 coupes for sale by dealers on Ebay. I believe they have finally sold out. The past 2 weeks there has only been one white and 1 new blk coupe for sale. Way down from the dozen or so from a few weeks ago. Since we are a good 8 to 10 months away from 08's if they even happen the price of 06 coupes and all vipers should turn around and start going up. The old supply and demand. There are about 426 Z06's unsold at the dealers and deals can be made. Times are a changin. It looks like theSS supercharged vette is delayed till 09 and it will be a supercharged small block not a 427. The new SS will be debuted next year at this time at the shows. The Z06 was never intended to be supercharged since the pistons where not forged but hypereutinic(?) and the compression ratio was too high. GM did not want owners supercharging the 06. The drivetrain being basically from 1997 couldn't handle anymore. It could barely handle the 427. Things look good for all our cars. <font color="red"> </font>

wallbanger

Enthusiast
Reaction score
'Speaking of the z06 and viper coupe. i have been looking at a light colored coupe but why does the viper have to have a colored lip inside the wheel well behind each tire . Seems like the rock chips and tar are really gonna show. The z06 does not have this colored lip and does look a little cleaner

DCP_9230.JPG

FinalEd357

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Yes, I think I remember an 06 VOI9 car for about $73.5-74k. Seems like just a few brand new are left but beginning to see some 500-1000 mile cars for sale. I believe there are about 15 ads in the VCA classifieds for coupes.

wallbanger

Enthusiast
Reaction score
there are dozens of 06 coupes on autotrader including a new copperhead coupe for less than 70k. Archer dodge in texas just listed 4 new 06 verts for less than 68k

Mopar426

Enthusiast
Reaction score
GM did not want owners supercharging the 06. The drivetrain being basically from 1997 couldn't handle anymore. It could barely handle the 427. Things look good for all our cars. <font color="red"> </font>

I think you couldn't be more incorrect...

I still remember many here who stated the C6 Z06 is "maxed out on hp" from the factory, which couldn't be further from the truth. If you think an LS1 much less a LS3 can't handle boost you either live under a rock or just naive.

LOVE the horsepower wars, it's GREAT to be a fan of American Muscle. :cool:

OP
OP
A
Reaction score
I didn't say the Z06 was maxed out on horsepower, only that the factory didn't wantowners to supercharge the 427 to get power up. It would be easier than taking the motor apart and doing cam heads etc.. I believe the plan was originally to use forged pistons on the LS7. All LS 1, 2, etc are good candidates for supercharging without changing the pistons. I thought ebay was a good source of new coupes available I didn't check the other sources. I have checked with a couple dealers and they are empty.

OP
OP
A
Reaction score
I had a Z06 for 2 months last spring. I sold it with 800 miles on it. In the 2 months I owned it the following needed repair. right CV joint, trans, getrag rear end, water pump, radio, and it popped out of 4th gear all the time. I repeat I don't believe the Z06 driveline can handle the power it has stock let alone a charger. In the owners manual of my car it had page stapled in that said if you are loosing traction in 1st gear and you shift to 2nd gear you will break the driveline and we will consider that abuse and not warr it. How many vipers would you sell if that was in the glove box by the manufacturer. Hell Dodge will even install the charger for you and still keep your original warr, great comp..

tims210

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There are coupes left, you just need to know where to look. Surfing is your best tool. I have had an offer for a new blue/silver coupe w/five spokes for less than $73K recently. 10 miles on the odometer.

viperjer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just bought a brand new 06 blue/silver coupe 73.5 It cost me 850.00 to get it home. It came from a dealer who gets one a year. I was going to wait on the 08 but at that price I had to buy it. Very nice car. Can't get used to the seat belt on the wrong side though after the 01. It takes off a lot quicker too.
I haven't seen any new ones with stripes going any cheaper than that. I hope you find one.
Jerry

viperDoug

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There are plenty of them left...check Roanoke or Ringgold. They have several. also, I believe Bill P. at Woodhouse has one coupe left. I just got a blue/silver coupe from Roanoke for a very good price. I believe the values of them will stop dropping in about a year or so when the new one comes out.