'08 Convert Production # Breakdown??

franchise

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I am looking for the exterior color and color stripe production number breakdown for 2008 Converts (specifically VVOrange)
I have tried multiple searches already, where people talk about it, but no actual breakdown or chart.

Heard it was in Viper magazine...

Please let me know.

Thanks,
R

OP
OP
F

franchise

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the link...saw that...but wanted to know if there was a breakdown of striped cars, and combos of?

Thanks,
R

Scottsviper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
That is in Viper magazine. I actually read it and can't remember exactly where I did. I guess my age is getting the better of me. LOL!
Thanks for the link...saw that...but wanted to know if there was a breakdown of striped cars, and combos of?

Thanks,
R

HyperViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a clearer chart somewhere on a different computer but what I found shows

40 no stripes
6 white
2 silver
14 black
3 graphite

That is, if my eyes are seeing it correctly.

OP
OP
F

franchise

Enthusiast
Reaction score
AWESOME!!!

Thanks!

My search continues!!!

Looking for a VVO Convert w black stripes...pref AERO....I think I am down to like 5 produced...

PeterMJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a clearer chart somewhere on a different computer but what I found shows

40 no stripes
6 white
2 silver
14 black
3 graphite

That is, if my eyes are seeing it correctly.
no graphite in 08

Scottsviper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Everyone is probably going to think I am nuts but gonna just say it and see if anyone else agree. IMO I think all the #s on colors and color combo is BS. why is it so hard to find these #s from dodge? And after looking at the charts I have read its exactly opposite of what I found when looking for a car.I searched for a Viper for over 6 months. Going online EVERYDAY and looking at every route I could and using my connection with high end car dealers to look as well. The colors I found the least of were Venom Red and Black.( supposedly the most produced) I found at least 15 different Snakeskin Green cars while looking and a ton of Blue and Viper Red and those are supposed to be the rare colors. And next time you go to a event with any # of Vipers what colors do you see? I bought a Venom Red and have only seen one on the street EVER. And The Viper shop I take it to tells me he never sees my color and the same at the car shows and Viper events. I have also only seen 3 Black vipers in person. The Viper red, Blue and SG I have probably seen 25 in each color. I am just curious if anyone else thinks the same as me. I am not trying to high jack the thread and hope someone will speak up with a actual breakdown from Dodge. I would like to know. (I bought Venom red thinking it was rare) What does everyone think?
no graphite in 08

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The charts in Viper magazine are accurate (with a few rare exceptions in 2010) and are compiled by SRT. here's 2008 production by color.

2008-Production-Nos1.jpg

OP
OP
F

franchise

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the updating...

Scottsviper- I have been searching...what internet sites/resources did you check? Where did you end up buying from?

Thanks,
R

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Guys, keep in mind that what they produced and what you may find for sale are likely two very different catagories. Some folks who purchased special color combos may LIKE their purchase and, therefore, do not offer them for sale.

chorps

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I saw a fair number of Venom Reds coming up for sale 2-3 years ago. The funny thing was that they generally had a lower selling/ask price than the other colours and they generally sold pretty quickly as well. Since then very few VRs have come up for sale, so I guess most VR owners are holding onto them, especially since Stryker Red has come into vogue.

Scottsviper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I used eBay, Autotrader, craigslist I looked on Mecum ,Barrett Jackson and my business partner owns a bunch or Ferrari,Lambo and maserati dealerships and had his Managers calling all around for as well. I ended up buying my car out of Kansas at a Ford dealer. The car was out of a collection of a friend of the dealership. I got a decent deal. I literally looked for over 6 months and came across very few cars and the ones priced right sold fast. The over priced ones are still for sale and the dealers keep taking down the add and then re posting them. As for the Venom red being less money. I found the price on all the cars so all over the place it was hard to judge what they are really worth, I did find SSG was the highest priced and those cars are still sitting. But call me crazy I still don't think those #s are exactly spot on. Look at the next Viper event you go to. You don't see Venom red and the black ones are always Gen III very rarely Gen IV but thats just what I see I could be wrong.
Thanks for the updating...

Scottsviper- I have been searching...what internet sites/resources did you check? Where did you end up buying from?

Thanks,
R

chorps

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Last edited:

ACRucrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have posted this information a few times.
This is what I have. I am told the 2010 info has some errors possibly however and have yet to see a production chart for it, just the color chart.

You must be registered for see images

HyperViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Never gave it any thought but all the black cars I know of are Gen 3 except for mine.

Good info ACRucrazy

I used eBay, Autotrader, craigslist I looked on Mecum ,Barrett Jackson and my business partner owns a bunch or Ferrari,Lambo and maserati dealerships and had his Managers calling all around for as well. I ended up buying my car out of Kansas at a Ford dealer. The car was out of a collection of a friend of the dealership. I got a decent deal. I literally looked for over 6 months and came across very few cars and the ones priced right sold fast. The over priced ones are still for sale and the dealers keep taking down the add and then re posting them. As for the Venom red being less money. I found the price on all the cars so all over the place it was hard to judge what they are really worth, I did find SSG was the highest priced and those cars are still sitting. But call me crazy I still don't think those #s are exactly spot on. Look at the next Viper event you go to. You don't see Venom red and the black ones are always Gen III very rarely Gen IV but thats just what I see I could be wrong.

HyperViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nope, Woodland Hills is a long way from San Diego. I have made the trek before, but not this time.

BTW, I stand corrected, I do know 1 Black Gen 4 coupe with red stripes.

OP
OP
F

franchise

Enthusiast
Reaction score
just to be a stickler...no AERO breakdown...but still Awesome!

ACRucrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There is an aero breakdown in the 2008 chart. I gave you the answers to your question in the other thread.
There were 5 VVO aero convertibles in 2008.

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
franchise, please look at the 2008 chart again...note the occasional "ARY" notation...which means "aero".

As I read the chart, there were 14 of the 2008 Viper Very Orange/Black Striped convertibles produced...ONE of which had the "aero" package.

OP
OP
F

franchise

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ACRucrazy...true...but we didnt have the stripe breakdown with AERO... Thanks!

Steve....Yes... Got it! Thanks....was looking for the 09 AERO breakdown...been talking to ACRucrazy on other threads....he is a great wealth of knowledge about the production numbers...just was checking if anyone else had the 2009 stripe AERO breakdown...I know there were 6 VVO converts for 09...and the stripe breakdown...but how many of those where AERO....I know the BLACK stripe VVO Convert for 2009 was the AERO (based on my quest to find one)....but didnt know if any of the other 5 2009 VVOs were AERO?

Thanks!
Ron

ACRucrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wish I had the Aero brake down for the 2009 or even more detailed info for the 2010. If I can dig up anything I will share. I would have to guess if you found 1 of the 6 VVO convert '09s to be aero, it may be the only one.

OP
OP
F

franchise

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks ACRUcrazy! Appreciate it....

Scottsviper...very cool! I frequent those sites as well.

AND the search continues!

R

viperrossa90

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hey guys, how about vv orange coupe production #s for 2008 I have one with no stripes..

ViperJeff

Legacy Member
VCA Member
Reaction score
Viper Very Orange Pearl Coat 153
[>] No Stripe 63
[>>] SRT-10 COUPE 23
[>>] SRT-10 CONVERTIBLE 40

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members