08' Venom Red wrecked (repost?)

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This may be a repost, but I don't remember seeing these pics on here. From WreckedExotics.com:

Description:
Guy test drove this brand new Viper and crashed it into an SUV. This is a BRAND NEW Viper, window sticker still on the window. Location:
Thousand Oaks Auto Mall, Thousand Oaks, CA

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

LiquoRT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How do you drive that car with the sticker still on the windshield ? It looks like he hit on the sticker side too. Just foolish.

SSG CHIC

Viper Owner
Reaction score
If you wreck a car on a test drive and you are at fault, who pays for the damage/car? Your insurance or the dealerships insurance?

FATHERFORD

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Same car? Looks like it.

You must be registered for see images

Imagine making the purchase of your dreams - a brand new 2008 Dodge Viper with only five miles on the odometer. It's sitting safely in the showroom without a scratch just waiting for you to drive it off the lot. The only thing it needs is a tank of gas, which of course the dealership offers to pay for. Here's where the story goes terribly wrong. A member of SRTForums.com and employee of a Southern California Dodge dealership says that the Viper was headed back from the gas station and only about 1/8 of a mile from the dealership (!) when the driver lost control of the 600-horsepower beast and crashed into four parked cars. The result is one severely smashed up snake. We'll be watching eBay Motors for a low miles, slightly scratched 2008 Dodge Viper with a full tank of gas. Thanks for the tip, Ian!

Kenneth Krieger

Viper Owner
Reaction score
When it comes to insurance, the DRIVER has the responsibility when causing an accident while test driving a dealers car. His/her insurnce will have to cover the car. If it doesn't, he/she is personally responsible. If the dealer ins. co. has to get involved, then they will subrogate the insurance co. of the driver for any difference. This guy/gal was an idiot with no self control...........and no idea of torque!

TBarrow

Viper Owner
Reaction score
So was he doing the "Posted 35 MPH"???

My dad took a 1950 Mercury out on a test drive to show his dad when he saw his cousin and they entered into a spirited driving event resulting in my dad rolling the Merc. The dealer paid for it then...

DR EVIL

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you wreck a car on a test drive and you are at fault, who pays for the damage/car? Your insurance or the dealerships insurance?

correct answer: The dealers insurance will pay although they might send you a few nasty letters. I once had a car stolen from me on a test drive (long story) and the dealers insurance covered it. Their insurance company tried to pawn it off on me but they were unsucessful:D

SSG CHIC

Viper Owner
Reaction score
correct answer: The dealers insurance will pay although they might send you a few nasty letters. I once had a car stolen from me on a test drive (long story) and the dealers insurance covered it. Their insurance company tried to pawn it off on me but they were unsucessful:D

That's one story I'd like to hear!:D