08 Viper issue?

Les Quam

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Problem solved.

How fabulous is it that Viper owners can post some concerns on this forum with the 08s and national club officers and Dealer service managers keep us apprised of the resolution in a timely manner. Try that with a Chevy or a Porsche or a Ford. Thats why we buy Vipers! Plus the 600 HP doesn't hurt. :)

JKR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I am sorry to say that my 08 SRT Convert has experienced PCM software problems. At 7 miles and 50 miles. The first time the car experienced the multi cylinder miss fire code, ie engine light flashing, I was told it was due to pushing the accelerator pedal down while car was off, causing it to flood. The dealership replaced the spark plugs, and on the way home at approx. 50 miles on the car, the same flashing engine came, and the car quit running over 2000 rpm. The car had to be towed to the dealership for the second time. I am told there is reflash/patch fix for the PCM, yet my car is not running, and I am told PCM's can take 6-8 weeks to get to the dealership. Anyway, I hope Chrysler gets this problem fixed soon and information gets out to the dealers about this issue and individuals don't have to go through what I have had to go through. This is my third Viper and only one I've had issues with. I'm wondering how many others have experienced this PCM software problem.

Last edited:

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It is not a NATIONAL secret but will be fixed very soon, maybe even by today. The factory has been working on this feverishly to take care of these isolated problems. The RRT will be a flash so no parts are needed and the car we did yesterday with some help from Chrysler was just fine after the flash.

Don't worry the SRT team is watching out for you and doing everything they can as fast as they can to help!

I heard a deep cover Chevy mole who works for the company that does the PCM programming sabotaged some PCMs in an attempt to create demand for the ZR1.:cool:

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thank the government regulations for PCM faults. It's difficult to believe that the SRT guys were smart enough to build this car with the gov. regs.

Buy a new Semi and pay the gov's $8-20,000 fine/tax with the purchase price of your new truck - oh, that's right WE the consumers do pay all costs associated with hauling our food, etc., don't we? Cat, Cummins and Detroit can't build a decent engine ... so consumers pay extra fines/taxes each new truck because the "guidelines" can't be accomplished with modern technology.

No reason for the government to wait until technology catches up - just use it as an excuse to charge more money.

Congrats to the geniuses at SRT for accomplishing this. A 'few' bugs are to be expected at this level of technology.

Ted

Reaction score
I have good news for the owners experiencing troubles with the 08' cars. The fix is near now and your service people should be seeing something not today but very shortly after. If you have a car that has been down for an extended period of time please Email me and I will see if I can help you out. No promises but I will at least try.

Thanks,

goldcup

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have good news for the owners experiencing troubles with the 08' cars. The fix is near now and your service people should be seeing something not today but very shortly after. If you have a car that has been down for an extended period of time please Email me and I will see if I can help you out. No promises but I will at least try.[/QUOT

Now that is CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!!! EVEN WHEN YOUR NOT A CUSTOMER
I am not a rocket scientist but it would seem I only have one option for a new Viper

Reaction score
ATTENTION!!!

The RRT 08-027 and TSB are out now for all dealers to be able to service any of the cars that may be having the misfire code. There are detailed instructions for performing this re flash.

Thanks for your understanding and I'm glad I could be of help to the individuals that called or Emailed.

I hope you can now all have a great weekend!

Mark

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jandrix302