09 download for 08 drive by wire

2snakes

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Any news on a update for 08 ?? I heard they have a reflash comming for the 08 on the drive by wire. Any news ??

rcl4668

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I posted this question in the upcoming SRT engineering chat thread so hopefully an answer will be coming soon.

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This continues to baffle me as to why anyone is worried about it. I have had my new ACR for a few months now and I don't see any problem. Our best known track rat Chuck commented on another thread that he saw no issue either after a drive in one.

Malu59RT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
lee, whatever update they have is obviously going to be an improvement. Basically making a good thing even better. The DBW left me wanting a quicker response.

Reaction score
As with almost any DBW system each car can react different. It can be caused by the electronics programming or maybe even the TBs themselves. I don't think a re flash will cure all the issues but may improve them to some extent. I do know that all of the programming changes have to be approved by the Feds and this takes time.

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Any news on a update for 08 ?? I heard they have a reflash comming for the 08 on the drive by wire. Any news ??

I heard from an EXtremely reliable source that a new program WILL be available later this year for the drive-by-wire hesitation problem. Glad to hear the ACRs have not had any problems, but as we know, we have had the idle-stall problem with our '08 SRT (Herb is aware of this, and we're keeping an eye on it for now) ~juli