1/8 Mile Times tonight...how do they compare?

TurboRob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I took my first trip to the track tonight with the car. The clutch was still slipping noticeably...worse on the launch than on the shifts. But I managed a best of this:

60ft 1.74
1/8 7.41
mph 96.34

This was on stock Michelin's and a full tank of gas. Just curious how these numbers stack up with other car with similar mods. Also, if someone else runs about the same, what does it translate to in the 1/4?

Dyno graph and mods can be found here: http://www.LS1Motorsports.com/ViperDyno

Thanks again,

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Very good times and mph. I also went tonight and am very VERY VEERRYY disappointed. Only one run:
60ft 1.83
1/8 7.46
mph 101.32

I had better sixtys with the Michelins. This was with Kumhos and the s/c. PEEUUU

Best I can teel you 1/4 mile is at the VOI race I went:
60ft 1.82
1/8 7.61
mph 98.04
1/4 11.64
mph 123.29
Based on this you were on a 11.30 pass

Casey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Rob Nice run. From what I have seen, any time under 1.8 60 ft. and your doing very well on stock tires. Are you a IN VCA member? Where is Charleston, down South? Just wondering, I am way up North in good ol' Indiana! I look forward to some get togethers this summer with the club.

Tony, you're results are the final factor in my decision to NOT go with Kuhmo's. I had been planning it all winter, but after talking to a couple others why I shouldn't get them. And then seeing that they didn't help, well, why would I get them!! Thanks! :D

OP
OP
T

TurboRob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks Tony. I was hoping it would be roughly an 11.4 or so...just wasn't sure how these cars responded from the 1/8 to the 1/4.

Casey- I have my documents to become a member ready to fax, I've just been too busy to actually dial the number. Charlestown is way south....13 miles Northeast of Louisville, Ky to be exact. Right off of I-65.

David - I wish you could have been there. I'd like to see your car close up for once. And yes, I got MOBBED! The whole night basically revolved around me letting people take pictures of themselves next to my car. And in one case, I even let a "nice" young lady sit in it while her girlfriend took pictures. This Viper-owning stuff is going to take some getting used to.

I'm thinking about heading down to Beech Bend tonight and getting a 1/4 on the car. I'm just a little worried about the clutch. Also, I think there's a Corvette gathering going on there. Might be fun to spank a few Z06's.

ronviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
TurboRob i noticed your 87 Regal T is it a stage2 or stage1 on or off center block what fuel management system and mods.

OP
OP
T

TurboRob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry I didn't respond sooner Ron...I've been a little busy.

My Buick is a Stage 2 4.1ltr, off-center. It has Champion aluminum 14 bolt heads, BGC intake, PTE74 turbo, ATR Headers and 3" ATR dual exhaust, 2004R trans, Art Carr converter, completely stock rear end, 95lb injectors, double pumper fuel pump in the tank, F.A.S.T. fuel management system, and all of the other basics. It's a full weight car (3750lbs) with bench seat and column shifter, 6pt roll cage w/removable bars, full interior, working AC, PS, etc. It's basically a regular T-Type with a Stage2 motor and all that's necessary to make it withstand the power. It dynoed 718rwhp when it went 134mph. It's since went 140mph, but I haven't redynoed yet.

Oh yea, and it's on the cover of the new issue of GM High Tech Magazine this month (July '03 issue).

Pics can be found here: http://www.LS1Motorsports.com/Project-87TurboBuick.asp

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GreatWhiteKAC